WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the 1902 house and found 2 wheat cents and this VERY COOL 1922 UGA Baseball Schedule token. Can't find any info on the web about it but it is in great shape except where I hit it trying to get it from under a root.

Well I went to the UGA archives department today Sept 23rd and they have never seen one of these and are VERY interested in acquiring it from me to add to the archives museum. they do not have much of anything to add the the early baseball part and want it. I feel it belongs there if it in fact is that rare and will talk to the head of the department in the morning about it as she was gone for the day on a appointment. This token it turning out to be WAY cooler then I thought at first.

It is the size of a silver dollar.

Upvote 1
Sep 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool token!! As a big baseball fan, I've never seen any baseball specific tokens - that is just super cool. I think you're right, would be great for the university to have it - just make sure they either give you a fair price or your name attached to it wherever it will be displayed! Great dig!!

JPThorne

Jan 1, 2011
WildDigger, I have one of these! My uncle gave it to me wanting me to research it for him, I figured it was common, but it appears we have the only two known. Please get with me, and let me know if you found any other info on this token.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a real thrill when you discover that something you recovered is a really unique find.
Some people would frown upon others for accepting a monetary settlement. The university would probably love to have that token displayed. Instead of money,
I would ask for in writing, permission to hunt the University properties. The agreement would also have a clause that would return the token immediately if in the future, someone moved to ban you from metal detecting the university properties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread