old hand made knife!!!

mypanicfall

Dec 10, 2012
las cruces NM
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this in an old ghost town from the mid 1800,s in new mexico ... i was walking around in one of the buildings and i put my hands on top of one of them cross beam things that held the roof together and i heard i big clunk as some thing fell to the floor so i looked around for what made the noise and found this amazing hand made knife this is the kind of thing that makes all the metal detecting and relic hunting worth while and to think tons of people have been there over the years and not one found this p.s there aren't any markings on the knife. 123456.jpg 12345.jpg 1234.jpg 55555555.jpg 777777777.jpg 000000000000.jpg 122222.jpg new.jpg IMG_1025.JPG

Upvote 1

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
That thing has probably skinned a bunch off rattlesnakes which were eaten for dinner in that old town! The ledge where you found that was one of the most common places to hide things that were considered useful and/or valuable or had to be gotton to quickly. Believe it or not, it still is today, even in new construction where such ledges exist! Absolutely the first place to check in any old place! Could have been a couple of gold coins! Might be next time! Only thing...you should always wear gloves when searching such places. Lots of little biting critters lurk thereabouts. Good Hunting!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey mypanicfall!! Really Neat Find!! Looks as if it was made out of bar stock!! Don't you wish it could tell you what it has seen?? Anyway, GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread