My best finds! / ( From Sweden)

Dnicee

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since I'm new on this forum I'd like to introduce myself properly. I live in Sweden, where I think metal detecting is not all that common to begin with. I have always loved history and not just European history.

Anyway, I bought my first md (X-terra 705) six months ago after I got permission to search a field close to where I live. The field is actually located a few miles between an old castle ruin and an old church ruin. The castle and the church got burned down to the ground by a danish force in 1568.

Here is what I found!

My best find was a silver coin of Sten Sture the older (the coin was made between 1470-1503)

IMG_2250.JPG IMG_2251.JPG

I also found a danish schilling dated 1562 which is somewhat interesting since that actually is six years earlier than the danish force appeard. But I guess it probably ended up there through trade or something else. But it is pretty fun to play with the thought that "just maybe" everybody was six years wrong. :)

IMG_2254.JPG IMG_2255.JPG

My third find is a really neat looking lead zeal. But unfortunately, I've failed to ID it :dontknow:

IMG_2256.JPG IMG_2257.JPG

The last find of my "best finds" would be this pendant of Paulus and Petrus (Pavlvs & Petrvs). But once again I've failed to ID it =/

apos.jpg apos2.jpg

Regards Paul

Upvote 1

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool finds, that Danish coin could have still been in circulation when they came through

OP
OP
D

Dnicee

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I bet there is more stuff on that field. Found 20 + lead balls there as well. You're probably right regarding the danish coin by the way.

Any thoughts on the pendant and lead zeal though?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread