Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Ive had my AT Pro for over 6 months now and just couldn't seem to find any silver although I had found 3 IH Pennys which I thought were pretty cool! Things changed this month. I traded in my stock 8x11 coil for a 5x8 and boy has it paid off. A few weeks back I went back to a church I had detected no less than 6 times. I was getting a mixed reading and was about to keep going when it steadied itself on a 81 so I figured I would dig it. After digging and covering the hole 3 times I found 3 wheats and my first ever silver, a 1938 Liberty Dime! I was so stoked I covered the hole and ran to show the preacher man! Well 3 days later I went back to the church and eventually worked my way back over to the hole I had covered up and I couldn't believe it when it was reading another 82....I figured another wheat and BOOM....a 1928 Liberty!! I had been so excited I left some behind!!! I moved over about the width of the coil and got another reading....out comes my first ever Buffalo Nickel..a 1928!! A few minutes later my first Roosevelt silver 1946! I can't explain how excited I was and learning lessons by the minute lol. Well yesterday I got a chance to hit another church I have been to probably 3 or 4 times. I had about 1.50 in clad when I went to leave and realized I had left my lights on and my battery was dead. This church was est. in 1844 and is in the middle of nowhere so I had about 2 hours before my g/f was to get off work. I kicked back about 30 minutes then got bored and off I went again. This time about 100 yards away from the church and kinda off on the edge of the woods. I got a 72 reading and figured it was a penny when something shiney and very small appeared. I thought it was a game token or something. After closer examination.....a 1853 seated half dime!!! WooooooooHoooo!!!! I just about died. Long story short....don't give up you never know what the next swing might hold!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 6

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still swingin for my first half dime!!!! CONGRATS... HH..

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds.............keep up the good work!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread