Last edited:
Upvote 7

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just getting getting comfotable with the AT Pro, when I switched to the Deus. The AT Pro is an awesome machine, the guys on Diggers wouldn't use it, if it wasn't! I don't have a lot of experience with different machines, but for the price, the AT Pro really worked well for me.

The Deus cost me more than twice what the AT Pro did... so, we would assume that it is twice as good... right? Sorta right? Maybe...

Here are the pros:
The Deus is light, the lightest of all, it is really easy to swing. No elbow or shoulder fatigue. You have to try it to believe it.

The Deus is wireless, one of my biggest gripes with the AT Pro is that there is a wire between the headphones and machine, for me, that wire was a nightmare. Too long and it gets caught on everything imaginable, too short and the headphones are getting pulled off when you go to the ground to dig. You can use earbuds, back phones or head phones... all wirelessly with the Deus.

The collapsible shaft is pretty cool, you can "shrink" the length down to about 30" in 2 seconds. It gets into and out of the car with ease.

The Deus is fast, you can really cover some ground, because the recovery speed is so fast.

The cons:
The Deus is not waterproof. I am always scared of getting the thing "too" wet.

The Deus is light... I am a bit heavy handed and tend to break things that are not robustly built.

The Deus is kind of expensive.

All in all, I like the Deus. It has found some good stuff, however, I am rarely satisfied... and always wondering.

Thanks Old Dude. Hope all is well, and you keep that little CJON on the straight and narrow!

I agree with your summation of the Deus verses the AT Pro. The one big thing I like about the Deus is that you can set it up in different ways.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a little update. In the last 5 weeks, I found 10 more silvers. I also included the 3 indians and the LC.

The new Deus has really found some awesome treasure. I have a hard time believeing that the Deus is responsible... it doesn't seem probable that the Deus can find this stuff in public places that have been hunted for decades... Maybe it's ME... maybe I am an awesome hunter... ( the last part is JOKE in case you didn't know).

Attachments

• IMG_20140803_205539_184-1.jpg
    IMG_20140803_205539_184-1.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 74

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread