Any idea how to find value of this penny error?

newcomer

Aug 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg

Hope this post shows up ok, i am new at this. I have had this penny since 1969. I don't know anything about it and any help would be greatly appreciated. The date didn't show up very well, its a 1969 D. Thanks

Upvote 1

sandman03

Apr 14, 2013
treasurecoast fl
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to RARE AND VALUABLE US COINS YOU SHOULD FIND IT ON THAT SIGHT COULD BE WORTH A COUPLE HUNDRED

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Best way to find the current & real value, is to list it properly on eBay, or in a large national coin auction. On eBay you will not get the top bid, but you will get the next increment up from the second best bid.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure this is PMD. Post mint damage. I have done this to many coins. You just put a coin ontop of another and hit it hard. Takes a good bit of practice before you can do it well. If it actually was struck like that at the mint it should be a bit bigger.

OP
OP
N

newcomer

Aug 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure this is PMD. Post mint damage. I have done this to many coins. You just put a coin ontop of another and hit it hard. Takes a good bit of practice before you can do it well. If it actually was struck like that at the mint it should be a bit bigger.

I understand what you mean and took another look. The pictures aren't as clear as I wish. The word liberty on the head side is raised in both places and on the back the columns are raised the same. Looks like liberty and the columns would be depressed if it was hit. I need to get a better picture.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I got tired of shaky hands and poor pictures. Found a Celestron Digital Microscope on Ebay for $79. So then I went to Amazon and found the same microscope camera for $52. I haven't used it yet, but may as well set it up while I should be showering! Lazy day today, and many more coming since I retired Friday :)

Hey newcomer! That you Billy?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Image2.jpg

There! My first image from my new Celestron - a 1920 Buffalo found in pocket change last year :)

I do have some new toy learning to do....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread