May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are not only some of my Best Finds (includes some of Cru'Dad's) but they are meant to cover most periods of British History. This is because we want to use it as a mobile display unit for when Dad & I do Historial talks. A few of the local Historial Societies have invited to talk & we do this free of charge. Any entry fees taken go to their Society/Club. It's not something I enjoy doing, so Cru'Dad does most the talking, I do the corrections :thumbsup: & questions....
Although standing up & presenting is not my thing, I do know it's a good community minded thing to do & it gives people a chance to see their local historic finds.
The benefits are not all one way, it builts our credibility & often gets us new land without having to ask permission. ie. We get land offers.

Attachments

• Travel Display no cover.JPG
    Travel Display no cover.JPG
    363.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Travel Display cover.JPG
    Travel Display cover.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 11

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is great Cru. The axe head and the gun and cannon really caught my eye. It's great that you guys do what you do and share your finds and use them as a learning tool. Great job.
I actually am doing a presentation for my local historical society in a couple weeks. They have also asked me about a possible collaboration on a dig. It sounds as though the funding is an issue and they can use a bit of help. I also had a fair amount of ancestors who landed here in Maine and they want to hear about some of that. So it should be fun and may lead to some good opportunities. I too share your dislike of public speaking but I've gotten better over the years. Think I can get through it lol

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is great Cru. The axe head and the gun and cannon really caught my eye. It's great that you guys do what you do and share your finds and use them as a learning tool. Great job.
I actually am doing a presentation for my local historical society in a couple weeks. They have also asked me about a possible collaboration on a dig. It sounds as though the funding is an issue and they can use a bit of help. I also had a fair amount of ancestors who landed here in Maine and they want to hear about some of that. So it should be fun and may lead to some good opportunities. I too share your dislike of public speaking but I've gotten better over the years. Think I can get through it lol

I've been doing displays for some time & I tried to use a few pieces that caught most peoples eyes, even those with little interest in History. The Petronel (gun) is very popular, so you're in the majority on that one (me included).
Good luck in your endeavours, nothing but good will come of it - win/win.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful way to share with your local community :thumbsup:

If we could all follow a similar approach, there would be no worries
as to where we would be hunting the following week.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful way to share with your local community :thumbsup:

If we could all follow a similar approach, there would be no worries
as to where we would be hunting the following week.

True, it does help to right some of the bad press that some bad elements cause. This year was the first time we got an offer from the most anti-detectorist owner in the area. Seems he spent most his life & nights out catching Night Hawks on land they shouldn't be, so his view on us was somewhat tainted.:thumbsup:

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
wicked cool Crusader. i voted banner, just kidding ;) Its amazing what you find over in England.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Adding the IDs below makes it so much better than just throwing the stuff in a case. This Winter I'm going to do the same thing with my early French finds, which are quite significant because they were the first to setter here. It takes a lot of hunting to add quality pieces to the collection, but after so many years I have enough to create a case, and will add an item here and there in the future.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice display Cru, it's seeing items like this displayed that makes me regret selling all my finds..... well for a few minutes anyway.:laughing7:

SS

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the display Cru, it sure shows the non-monetary finds off well, and it opens up folks eyes that there is more to historical finds than coinage. Looking at the display they all would make the heart race faster digging it out of the dirt, and would make the hunt a really good day out swinging the detector.

Just wondering how the finds are mounted in the display?

First Class display you two have put together.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liking the display Cru, it sure shows the non-monetary finds off well, and it opens up folks eyes that there is more to historical finds than coinage. Looking at the display they all would make the heart race faster digging it out of the dirt, and would make the hunt a really good day out swinging the detector.

Just wondering how the finds are mounted in the display?

First Class display you two have put together.

Sewn on acetone free backing board with 4lb Fishing line.

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice displays Cru, I love the look of the Oak frame!

It's very decent of you and your dad to do this for the community too. :thumbsup:

Hopefully this will give all of us who are trying to save history a better reputation.

Dave

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool CRU, Your living the dream.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread