Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2014
Kodak TN
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
once had a Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys i found these near a construction site, some that had been ditch witched over, these are several years old, but unfortunately i became a raging heroin addict when i was about 21. Well, ive been sober for 4 years now and mostly gotten my "stuff" back together, although im sad my Whites MXT was pawned, drugs can make you do stupid things, i also lost a big toe from a bad shot and it turned gangrenous and i have hep c (though im not transmissible), but ive been saving up and finally got me a Garret Ace 250. No MXT for sure or even a whites, but it gets the job done, so expect more great finds from me. It was hard to save up for it (most good jobs dont want to hire former addicts with criminal records no matter how many good deeds or how sober you are.)

For those who are still addicted, their is a way out, you dont have to be a addict, Metal detecting is my favorite hobby and its become a great way for me to stay away from drugs. I would love to create a metal detecting group for ex-addicts and ex-convicts to try and rehabilitate themselves, through history, through the joy of metal detecting, and through nature. Any input?

463422533-Picture_007.jpg 463432238-Picture_006.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say that you will never overcome an addiction until you find something to take the place of what you have taken away from yourself. The trick is to find a HEALTHY replacement for the destructive one you want to let go of. It seems like that is exactly what you have done. Great job!
I was a raging alcoholic and drug addict for many years. I spent a good portion of my younger years locked up. It has now been 27 years since I have touched either.
Good luck my friend. If you ever need a fellow recovering addict to talk to give me a shout.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin died at 40 yrs. last summer, couldn't quit the heroin.

He was a smart, funny, life loving guy.

Life's too short the way it is......good luck, stay strong.

Chuxter

Jul 29, 2013
I've also fought some demons in my lifetime. Metal detecting is a great escape from regular everyday life. Great job keeping your head up (except while md-ing) ! I myself can't wait for this snow to disappear and my spring adventures can begin. I think your ex-convict or rehabilitation md-ing group is an AWESOME idea. I think you should really look at getting that started. It really has the potential to change peoples lives for the better.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Keep at it, and let us know how you're doing! Cheers!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cali... My story is just like yours...minus the toe. I had a whites M6 but I just picked up a Garret AT Pro. MDing has helped tremendously it was almost 10 years for me going on 4 years this year sober. I think you have a great idea for some sort of group. As you and I both know there is a strong bond between "people like us" who have been clean for a few years. I'm from PA and it's a very bad problem. I'm glad you are doing well and maybe like I said we can get something going. Anyone else?

OP
OP
C

Caligula45

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2014
Kodak TN
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
once had a Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its a great idea, its indeed very tough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions