sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well up early this a.m. so I decided to do a different post so here it goes . Each one of these fellows has his own story especially the first pic, this guy I picked up from a site that a lady said I could metal detect only because this cat was set to be executed only because he is severely handicapped and she couldn't take care of him anymore. Meet scooter who when I brought home he was so starved that you could count his rib bones or should I say all his bones for she was going to kill him one way or another. It took me and my wife close to 3 months for this guy to keep food in his belly for his stomach was so drawn that he threw up everything he ate now he has what I call a bull frog belly. If you look close you will see he was born with deformed legs and paws . He moves across the floor like a salamander up off the floor a bit for both front paws are at almost 90 degrees and one back leg smaller than other with the other back leg moveable but deformed also. She said he would be hard to take care well for a few issues this little guy can jump up , run , and hold his own with the others well after I got him home the first day I called the next and she told me I could not metal detect her property for she had to ask 30 family members if it was okay and I will call you back . Been a year have not heard anything the itch was goofy as day is long but I don't care I am happy that this guy was saved from neglect and he did replace my broken heart prior to getting him my metal detecting partner had passed 5 months earlier his name was max 6 year old male boxer who died of congestive heart failure . I guess you could say max didn't want me alone for this is one replacement that I would not have passed on and im glad even though no detecting I picked up a friend in need . Now we were cleaning cabinets went out for a while and came home to these 2 misfits asleep in the cabinets the one on the left is piggy saved when my boxer found him and I thought he had a ball playing with turned out to be a kitten and this one hand raised and spoiled . Next we have gump he come from a farm and getting close to be put to sleep wife found him a little starved at first but okay now and fetches things and brings them back just to be thrown again there are 2 pics of him . Last but least is the town pimp who used to be a stray , brought in vet fixed has plenty of off spring im sure his name bb has a look like Otis from mayberry . These are all our children and as you can see we love animals for sure and if for some reason you all think that this post should be moved help yourself and notify one of the moderators for who I give permission if this post is in the wrong place . You never know what you will find when you go detecting and for the left pic at the top of scooter that has to be one of my best finds. vanzutphen

Attachments

• DSCF5843.JPG
    DSCF5843.JPG
    775.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF5202.JPG
    DSCF5202.JPG
    918 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF5203.JPG
    DSCF5203.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 187
  • DSCF5009.JPG
    DSCF5009.JPG
    555.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF5918.JPG
    DSCF5918.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • DSCF5914.JPG
    DSCF5914.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 163
  • DSCF5923.JPG
    DSCF5923.JPG
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Upvote 7

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I am quite a fan of cats too. Here are mine, they were feral kittens caught together in a havaheart trap in a cemetery they were scraping an existence in, and winter would have killed them. They are good dudes.

1662437_10103437214177050_1915703608_n.jpg

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So nice to see that others care for 'Unwanted' cats. My family has three cats, one was an adult that the Humane Society said was four years old but after having 'Baily' for six years and taking him to a Vet for a check up we now know that he is about 12 or 14. Not that I blame the Humane Society, they just want to get the animals out of the cages and into "Homes". Our other two cats are half Feral. Jack had internal issues but my wife tried all sorts of meds prescribed by different Vets to no avail. She then decided that the only thing to do was change the food we were giving them from the dry bag food to dehydrated meat. This solved the internal issues with Jack. Next is Julias he had a skin problem that was not from fleas or mites as first thought, the change of food fixed his skin issue as well. All I can say is if you have an animal that has problems check out what you are feeding them. The Dehydrated raw food is Turkey, Chicken, Salmon, and Beef. Our cats are not able to handle the beef so they get the Turkey, Chicken, and Salmon. This solved a bunch of issues that we had. You might want to give it a try if your cat has issues with throwing up, loose stool, scratching all the time. Our cats are strictly indoor cats.

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THing4csa the reason the one handicapped cat was sick is because she starved him so she could rid of him ,he was made to sleep outside while her other animals where aloud in . It was very cold the day I visited this nut job lady and the deal was you take the cat and I will let you detect but that never happened and im so glad that I stopped at her house for ole scooter would have be disposed of slowly.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread