My best find so far....

Funlovingfool

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a little over a year ago. Although I have found numerous union relics, even a belt plate.....this one has got everything beat. It has sentimental value for me because I had ancestors who served in the Confederacy as members of Georgia regiments. It's been verified by Steve Mullinax as only the second one of it's type ever found (because of the rope border). First time I ever felt like acting like the guys on the TV show "Diggers" by running around and hollering when I found it.
IMG_4148.jpg

Upvote 14

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be running around like the "Digger guys' also. It is a beauty and thank you for sharing it with us.
Welcome to T-Net in a big way!

OP
OP
Funlovingfool

Funlovingfool

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Tnmountains. I'm actually from your neck of the woods. I live near Chattanooga and do most of my
metal detecting in the TAG region. I noticed you also hunt for Native American artifacts. I've been doing that for over 20yrs. Only been metal detecting a little over 2yrs but have had some decent luck. I love anything having to do with history.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I LOOK JUST LIKE THAT RABBIT IN YOUR MEMBER NAME FLF . MAN THATS A DANG NICE BUCKLE , GOT YOUSELF A NICE CONVERSATION PEICE . COOL.

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Really nice flf. Girlfriend and I are right up the road from you[emoji4]I made the transition from arrowhead hunting back to metal detecting a few years ago. Congrats on your find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread