crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this beauty recently in my neighborhood where I was born and raised and still live, 2 houses down from my parents is an older woman who I grew up knowing, she's in her 80s I asked to detect her yard which the house is early 1900s and she told me her dad bought this land from a family who owned it since the early 1800s and had a small cabin and swimming hole, the cabin and swimming hole are long gone but they left this beauty along with an 1808 largie and 1864L Indian. Please enjoy her beauty as much as I have.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    453.2 KB · Views: 281
  • image.png
    image.png
    426.8 KB · Views: 273
  • image.png
    image.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 11

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like that old owner went to the mint and got that one and lost it as soon as he got back home .awesome A.U. coin

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, everyday is a new lifetime find with you. I'm having a hard time keeping them all straight since you joined tnet a month ago. Congratulations on another amazing find. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

OP
OP
crabstang44

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, everyday is a new lifetime find with you. I'm having a hard time keeping them all straight since you joined tnet a month ago. Congratulations on another amazing find. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

still havent found spanish silver, thats what i want the most

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other

Based on the other finds you are posting it is just a matter of time for Spanish silver. New Bern has a lot of history and still some good areas to detect. I grew up in Kinston and now live in Raleigh but that was 30 years ago.

OP
OP
crabstang44

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Based on the other finds you are posting it is just a matter of time for Spanish silver. New Bern has a lot of history and still some good areas to detect. I grew up in Kinston and now live in Raleigh but that was 30 years ago.
i see on your list you have some great stuff, you find them in raleigh?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Phew you're killing it with gold coins and capped silver. At this rate you'll soon have Spanish silver and British silver.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap Crab!!!! Perfect Capped quarter, mint gold coin, one of the rarest military buttons ever dug. You sure know how to make a splash in a hurry. Hope this incredible hot streak continues. I gotta feeling with amazing sites like that the stunners will just keep on coming.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a fantastic coin. Congratulations.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well if you really want spanish silver, i have a mexico marked 8 reales ill happily trade you for the capped quarter. Ill even come over and bury it for you so you can say you found it!

OP
OP
crabstang44

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thinking of getting it graded, who to use? ngc?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread