1812 Royal Fusiliers button

MePlusThreee

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My husband posted this for me before I was a member. This was my first old find. I spotted it between two rocks.

Now I'm excited to start metal detecting with him!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460062729.678235.jpg .

Upvote 4

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't believe it when you showed me. You got a great eye! Now to show me up soon with some new detecting skills! [emoji2]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, finding something good can be a game changer, or in this case.... a game starter! Interestingly enough, what really hooked me on metal detecting was also an early button... not one of those, but a short time later I did find end up finding a 7th Fusiliers in the same field. That was in 1999, and I've since found many of the type of button that hooked me, but never another 7th, although I did have the chance being on hunts with 4 more turning up.

OP
OP
MePlusThreee

MePlusThreee

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, finding something good can be a game changer, or in this case.... a game starter! Interestingly enough, what really hooked me on metal detecting was also an early button... not one of those, but a short time later I did find end up finding a 7th Fusiliers in the same field. That was in 1999, and I've since found many of the type of button that hooked me, but never another 7th, although I did have the chance being on hunts with 4 more turning up.

Thanks for sharing! I really like old buttons. I hope to find more :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing! I really like old buttons. I hope to find more :)

The good news is you will. They are anywhere and everywhere, and from many different periods. Even on my bad days out I always find a few, so feel I at least had a chance at a good one. Or maybe did get a good one... as you have seen even one can be the right one.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Y'all are in a great area for old buttons. My husband often buys boxes of old buttons from a guy on PEI and the designs are spectacular.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gorgeous find. What a way to start this wonderful addiction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread