best find so far 4th day detecting

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, 4th day started out with a bang, i wanted to find something cool like everyone else on this site, i think it's pretty neat what you all find, i took a few swings with my metal detector at my parents house and i looked over across the other side of the pasture to my parents neighbors house and noticed alot of old sheds and buildings with quite abit of age on them, i end up getting permision to hunt the property 5 acres worth, i walked across turn the metal detector on and off the bat started in the rose garden as i have heard many of you find old caches coins etc in the garden , i dug up 4 pieces of a aluminum can that someone hit with a lawnmower, it was well over a 100 degrees in the sun and i was sweating like a hog, i sat there for a minute and said i am crazy, and thinking of all you on here finding these old coins that i think are pretty cool , i continued, and a few swings i got a good coin reading with my ace 250 dug down and i was thinking if i find something here it has to be old come on baby, and wiped the dust off and i seen the indian head, and then the date of 1904, Wow, my best coin and oldest so far of 4 days of metal detecting, good hunting all

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Greta start to the hobby, congrats on the IH penny!!
You'll be addicted in no time ;D

Welocome to TNet treasureguy, good luck to you.
Hope you post some photos too! Would love to see it!

Smiles!
BDoo

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from across the pond.

Pictures, pictures, pictures 8)

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, was in the process of cleaning, here is a picture, i don't know what will work if anything will, it has some pretty heavy sentiment, i left it in a cup of salsa for about 4 hours and the sides came clear of a little, i did not want to corrode the whole penny, i have heard people use olive oil to clean them also, and suggestions as you can see the 103 year old penny has the crud on it, did not want to loose the face of the indian on it or the date ?? thanks all, Dusty

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,425

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Rock on man, them indians have a habit of popping up out of the blue don't they (Custer thought so too ;D)

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I t get you wxcited with a find like that & now you are going to want more, & you won't be sorry.....

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
treasureguy,

That is great! I've been detecting steadily since late winter and still haven't even found a wheatie other than some CRH'ing. I'm still waiting on the good stuff. Congrats and keep swingin'.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I can hear the war whoops!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions