An amazing, but funny, find

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
I was walking my dog on the forest service road up behind my house (in the Sierras) and stumbled upon a rare find. It was there right in the middle of the dirt road - an ice cold 30 pack of beer! I scored! Some kids had taken it out of the truck bed, forgot that it was there, and had driven off beerless. So, picture a gimpy old lady leading a dog & carrying a case of beer at 10am in the forest. It was too heavy for me to carry far so I stashed it off the trail in some thick bushes & walked home to get my car. When I got back there was a truck parked right next to it with a Native American couple in it. Darn! I pulled up next to them, said hello, walked into the bushes & got the beer. I carried it past them, said "have a nice day", tossed the beer in the car & drove off. They just stood there with their mouths open & never said a word. I bet they went home & told their friends about the crazy old white woman hiding her beer in the woods!

I would have posted a photo of the beer but I drank it.

Upvote 15

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Granny´s dead drop for beer.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you dear! Would that be called a surface find? :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture would have been better if you were chewing tobacco and carrying a double barreled ca 1910 shotgun.

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture would have been better if you were chewing tobacco and carrying a double barreled ca 1910 shotgun.

thVRY4V54T.jpg Will that work? I once looked in a win Dixie dumpster and found 8 cases of beer, man, the hangover horror! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread