Black Swan (HUGE SITE) in The Levant

The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In 15 Sep 2010, Sandra Montón-Subías published a paper called (Black Swans and Archaeological Interpretation) in the journal of (Norwegian Archaeological Review)... in the abstract, she said:

‘Black Swans’ are extraordinary, highly unexpected events. Inspired by Nicholas Taleb's 2007 book of the same title, my contention in this paper is that exceptional events carry a great — and as yet untapped — explanatory potential in the field of archaeology. Archaeological exceptions, i.e. instances or occurrences deviating from the archaeological norms and patterns as constructed in our discipline, are usually dismissed, ignored or deemed irrelevant to any account of social dynamics and human behaviour in the past. Upon closer examination, however, archaeological ‘Black Swans’ may provide hitherto unsuspected explanations for certain phenomena of past societies.

The above claim will be illustrated here on the basis of two examples from the mortuary record of south-eastern Iberia's Argaric society (c. 2250—1450 cal. bc). In the first case — studied by Colomer in her PhD dissertation — we will see how substandard funerary urns that try to replicate typical funerary containers may give us the clue to understand pottery manufacture in the Argaric world. In the second instance, we shall explore, through the study of a singular silver awl found in an Argaric tomb, the symbolic value that some objects related to daily maintenance chores may have attained as grave goods.

============

(removed by mod for rule infraction)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 2

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he's Advertising here. I think he's just sharing info

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
When I read ."...... and pay us a discovery prize", I interpreted it as more than just sharing information.
Sorry to all if I misinterpreted his words and intention.
Don......

again I think they are just Sharing info, Like if you were a car dealer selling
Jaguars and told us you were looking to Expand your Busines
I wouldn't take it as an ad, but more like telling us about what your up to :dontknow:

At least that's how my Brain works on coffee :coffee2: Don't know :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's illegal to sell something like that... We don't engage in any illegal activity... Discovery Prizes, on the other hand, are totally legal worldwide.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the Department of Homeland Security would agree on that. Can you provide documentation proving you are not associated with terrorist groups currently confiscating the cultural heritage of the region where you are claiming to have made this discovery?

OP
OP
T

The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loool at the documentation thing... Since when an innocent man needs to prove his innocence? This crap of terrorism has led the basic rules of justice to be twisted... besides: we want to deliver it legally and collect the prize; pay attention to this... Whoever will take the delivery will be legal entity after all.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loool at the documentation thing... Since when an innocent man needs to prove his innocence? This crap of terrorism has led the basic rules of justice to be twisted... besides: we want to deliver it legally and collect the prize; pay attention to this... Whoever will take the delivery will be legal entity after all.

Oh, I'm positive a Legal Entity is about to be involved. Good luck with that.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. The TSA and Homeland security was just caught in the Mix of a GIANT DRUG smuggling ring, the DEA? found thousands of pounds of coke, meth and other drugs being transported on Airliners, SO Dishonesty and Criminals ABOUND in the USA. I Trust NO Dot Gov person or agency, individuals are suspect until they prove to be Honest, Good people.

OP
OP
T

The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Snapshot 4 (16-Jun-17 4-33 PM).png

OP