Deep Ocean Exploration

philipsemail

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanographica, Ltd, will be exploring about 6000 square miles of deep ocean bottom along the Gulf
Stream this early Winter. For 10 Euro ( about $ 13.50) one may reserve an area of ocean bottom to be searched, and if something is found, the company shall recover it, sharing 5 % of what is found up to 1OO Million Euro (about $ 136 million). It can all be done online at: www.oceanographica.com. There are some amazing pictures on the web site of an expedition their group did to explore and recover what appeared to be an English slave ship that sank in a storm south of Bermuda using the Russian Mir, deep ocean submarines.

They will be showing their exploration live on the web site, as well as the recovery.

What do you think?

Philip McManis

Attachments

• closeup of plates glass.jpg
    closeup of plates glass.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,291
Upvote 0

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007
Hi Philip!

Sounds interesting...but...what happens if they find a valuable wreck on the ocean bottom you paid for and reserved and they recovered all the valuables without telling you? How would you really know if something was found? ???

Tom

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll keep my money...sounds like buying property on the moon...which is also available...

OP
OP
P

philipsemail

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Thanks for the feedback. The "Claim" is a contract with oceanographica, ltd. to search and recover what is found there of sufficient value to warrant the effort. It is not ownership of any ocean bottom. Did you look at the web site: www.oceanographica.com ? We did our "test marketing" in Europe and are just now letting the "story out of the bag" in the US. Here is another picture from 3 miles under .this was taken about two feet feet to the "starboard" of the other picture which was near the galley and helm. Note what was once a large wooden box full of gold and silver coins. Blow up the picture and you will see a perfect gold box sitting on top. There were amazing things in this box.. you can see what it was in the web site.

How could we better explain what we are doing so we dont sound like we are "selling land on the moon"?

Enjoy the day,

Philip McManis
Director
Oceanographica, Ltd.

Attachments

• box of coins (Large) (2).JPG
    box of coins (Large) (2).JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,088

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Wow, I would love to invest in that!

But alass, I am only 16 and my parents probably wouldnt buy it.

-CC

OP
OP
P

philipsemail

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Thanks for the interest. I suggest you let them look at the site. 14 dollars is about 4 packs of smokes... and that is a TERRIBLE investment. :) The decisions I made about my life at 16, I never forgot. And many of those little wishes and promises blossomed into the life choices for the rest of my life. Enjoy the day,

Philip McManis
Director
Oceanograhpica, Ltd.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolcash2004 said:
Wow, I would love to invest in that!

But alass, I am only 16 and my parents probably wouldnt buy it.

-CC

Hi CC ,i would read the story about the recovery from the titanic in deep water first. this smells a bit fishy tinpan

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Just picked up a 1904 S morgan dollar in G...... For $15 in an unsearcedh bin. Thats enough investment for now I think.

-CC

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
I did a public records search on Oceanographica and came up empty. No articles of incorporation, no business registration, zilch. It's a good idea, the marketing via internet is ingenious to say the least. I'm not suggesting the company is not legit, only that people should be carefull investing in schemes were you are not garranteed a return. Usually, salvage firms look for big investors. For 5% of what is found on 1 sq meter of the ocean bottom, you would have to get pretty damn lucky. It's the long-shot of long-shots. Again, it's a great marketing strategy though.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hmmm. As far as I understand it, underwater treasure recovery companies usually don't have much trouble in finding atleast initial investors. Especially those companies who have really done thier homework and have a reputable name.

Never have I heard of an area or such a low investment rate. Oh well, maybe its just me.

But I would have to pay in wooden nickels if I invested here.

Rev

OP
OP
P

philipsemail

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
Thanks again for the feedback and the opinions... concerning finding the company in the corporate search you did. We are a British Virgin Islands corporation. And concerning the 14 dollar price tag of the claim purchase, look at the stock price of Odessy, the american OTC corporation, and look at their share price. "notes and news "in www.oceanographica.com shows some of the stories that have been written about us. As i had said before, we began our "coming out" online in Germany to get our feet wet with a smaller market than the US one.

Enjoy the day,,

Philip McManis
Director
Oceanographica, Ltd.

Kaceysam

Sep 27, 2007
philipsemail said:
Oceanographica, Ltd, will be exploring about 6000 square miles of deep ocean bottom along the Gulf
Stream this early Winter. For 10 Euro ( about $ 13.50) one may reserve an area of ocean bottom to be searched, and if something is found, the company shall recover it, sharing 5 % of what is found up to 1OO Million Euro (about $ 136 million). It can all be done online at: www.oceanographica.com. There are some amazing pictures on the web site of an expedition their group did to explore and recover what appeared to be an English slave ship that sank in a storm south of Bermuda using the Russian Mir, deep ocean submarines.

They will be showing their exploration live on the web site, as well as the recovery.

What do you think?

Philip McManis

Kaceysam

Sep 27, 2007
philipsemail said:

What do you think?

Philip McManis

When does this actually start? You mention early this winter, but your website says it was to happen this summer. What has gone wrong or caused the delay? I'd consider investing, but I'm not comfortable that it will actually happen. What if it doesn't and what becomes of the investors. When do the dives start? Do you have an actual target date? Thanks.

Kaceysam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread