US Coins from England II

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
Here's a few more collected over many years. The holed is a seated quarter. My favourite is the standing lib found in a local park. A couple of the nickels are in excellent condition typical of low water finds sealed in clay or silt. All the coins except 2 were from beaches or rivers. Both flying eagles are 57's sadly somewhat corroded, and I recall finding those clearly even though it was in the eighties. One with a brand new Fisher 1260 in '83, the other some years later with a Whites Spectrum.

Attachments

• usa.jpg
    usa.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 209
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 11

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
You've been at this for a long time. Congratulations on those nice finds from across the pond. Hey, maybe WHEN I find my first gold coin it will be a [FONT=Rubik, sans-serif]sovereign!
[/FONT]

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
'83 is about the same time I purchased my 1260X. Still have it, sometimes use it, still love it.

I know during WWI & WWII we loaded up thousands of American soldiers on your island. I'm not surprised you've found so many American silvers.

Looks great to me! You've been a TNet member for 11 years with only 9 posts. Clearly you spend most of your time in the field :)

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff, that Shield Nickel at the bottom is extra lovely, what's the year on it?

OP
OP
S

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
Nickel closeups - My favourites

These three are my specials. The shield 5c was found last year again from a mud layer over clay, perfect preservation. 1866,1900 and 1919. Saltwater in the right conditions is the best way to find these alloys and copper etc in good condition.

Yes DeepseekerADS, I do spend all my time in the field! But I am currently going through my collection & sorting stuff out and that's the time to do photos. Will keep adding pictures as I progress with a leaning towards US interest.

Attachments

• 5c.jpg
    5c.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These three are my specials. The shield 5c was found last year again from a mud layer over clay, perfect preservation. 1866,1900 and 1919. Saltwater in the right conditions is the best way to find these alloys and copper etc in good condition.
Those nickels are in amazing condition! Especially the shield nickel.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds I wish I could find some coins from England here lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread