Small Farm Finds

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Be gentle on me. I don't even know if this is going to work. I downloaded a photo from my non internet phone. The attached items are some of my favorite small item finds.

I am unsure of what the small, spoon item is. It has a seam on the bottom.

I'm not sure if the white lead item is a bullet or musket ball?

The ring tested silver. It's very corroded and the only thing I've found remotely the same is from the old Sears catalogs.

The silver blob is also silver.

Any help on identity is much appreciated. Also, this is the first time in many years I have attempted to upload a photo. Hopefully, I'll get better at it, as I have many interesting items to share.

Thanks

Attachments

• Small Farm Finds 2020.jpg
    Small Farm Finds 2020.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 1

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hunting a burned house site? They look like they might have been in a fire. Cool Finds!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the silver 'ring' is a cut off thimble?

OP
OP
villival

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys. The ring is definitely a ring and I believe the corrosion is from some chemical damage and soil conditions. The corrosion is only on the inside, though the ring itself is slightly flattened. It tests at about .900 silver, so I am not sure what other metal is in there. It's also very heavy.

The silver blob is definitely a melted silver piece of something. It also tests at .900. There are several burn pile areas on my property, which isn't unusual given the long history and property being divided up over the years. Next door was a very old home that was razed about 70 years ago.

The other items show no indications of burning whatsoever. This is farm and dairy country so I'm sure there is a fair amount of fertilizer, etc. in the ground.

The button is only showing black looking areas where the gilt wore off. It's defintely tombac and super cool.

No one knows what the little spoon with the flat bottom is?

I have tons of cool stuff to post, but need to work on my photo skills a bit. Blacksmith items are everywhere, which I have used (after rehab) to decorate outdoor shutters and other pieces of wood and furniture.

The

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread