Still sinking in...

ShinyShores

Mar 19, 2020
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being new to being dedicated to this hobby has really been a trip down the right road. I have detected before with a cheap ace detector in florida 5 years ago and had a few outings but never found the time. Being a small time coin collector, finding coins was a pretty cool hobby.
This year I upgraded to an Excalibur 2.

Still sinking in that I found 2 iconic coins for the introduction of coinage to the United States, a Nova Constellatio(4/6/2020), and a Fugio Cent(4/16/2020) both within a 10 day stretch of each other.

Blessed to be able to pull these from the ground after such a long time, the history is awesome. Still trying to hunt down the meaning of the counterstamp of the eagle on the Fugio but hopefully that will come.

Thanks for sharing in the history with me!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587223887.939460.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587223901.354396.jpg

Upvote 18
OP
OP
ShinyShores

ShinyShores

Mar 19, 2020
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!!!!! Bucket listers! you are using the excal on regular ground? I have only used mine in the water or dry sand, but I do use a program I got from Andy that has similar sounds on my CTX

Yes i am using the excal in fields lol! I usually hunt beaches but with the closures i got some local permissions that turned out to be a dream come true! Nova & Fugio!!🤯
The excal is the only detector I have so it was that or nothing in the field. I want the CTX really bad but can not afford it right now. Gotta find some coins I can sell so the wife will see value in getting another detector.
Im enjoying land hunting however, the condition of any coin has a better chance of being better in soil than in ocean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShinyShores

ShinyShores

Mar 19, 2020
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's not a regular Fugio ... I used to own the second finest set known and am a bit of an expert.The rings look legit, but it has some type of overstamp in the center. Can you post higher res pics of the front and back? You may have something truly unique there ... and, don't clean it!

;-)

Here it is next to my Nova Constellatio

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587489683.827931.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587489698.462470.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being new to being dedicated to this hobby has really been a trip down the right road. I have detected before with a cheap ace detector in florida 5 years ago and had a few outings but never found the time. Being a small time coin collector, finding coins was a pretty cool hobby.
This year I upgraded to an Excalibur 2.

Still sinking in that I found 2 iconic coins for the introduction of coinage to the United States, a Nova Constellatio(4/6/2020), and a Fugio Cent(4/16/2020) both within a 10 day stretch of each other.

Blessed to be able to pull these from the ground after such a long time, the history is awesome. Still trying to hunt down the meaning of the counterstamp of the eagle on the Fugio but hopefully that will come.

Thanks for sharing in the history with me!

View attachment 1824860
View attachment 1824861
Nice What coil are you using. Thanks in advance

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m very happy for you.I I love to see people have success in their endeavors,may you find many more.

OP
OP
ShinyShores

ShinyShores

Mar 19, 2020
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I,m very happy for you.I I love to see people have success in their endeavors,may you find many more.
Thanks very much! I have a CT3030 now and have permission on the same lot so I have been scouring the land wherever it isn't frozen over, can't wait for warmer weather here in Rhode Island.

Hawkeye35

Feb 16, 2014
I didn't know a fugio cent could have an eagle on the reverse so that's interesting. Is this an even more rare version? Or has the coin been stamped a second time for some reason? Congrats on the amazing find!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread