Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
R

rammjäger

These ones are perhaps even older - in fact they could date back to
the middle ages. If there was once an stamp on the blade, it just
faded out .Only remains the "90" Mark on the handle....
By the way,the Knife meaures 1 Foot long.

PS.: I got them in a Fleamarkt for only 2 Euros !

Attachments

• Besteck 1.jpg
    Besteck 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 778
  • Besteck 2.jpg
    Besteck 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 786

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds at the flea market, very hard to find a good deal in Germany! Everyone selling thinks they know too much and their items for sale are often priced crazy. I am sure the "90" on the silver handle is for .900 silver. Schoene Gruess aus Bayern, Mike

OP
OP
R

rammjäger

Bavaria Mike said:
Great finds at the flea market, very hard to find a good deal in Germany! Everyone selling thinks they know too much and their items for sale are often priced crazy. I am sure the "90" on the silver handle is for .900 silver. Schoene Gruess aus Bayern, Mike

Hallo Mike,
Also ja, manchmals gibt es Verkäufer beim Trödelmarkt die ihre Ware als sehr wichtig handeln.
Diesmal aber, diese Bestecke waren mit andere normale Bestecke gemischt.Deswegen glaube ich
dass ich dieses Schnäppchen gemacht habe! ;D
Schöne Grüße aus NRW,
Miguel

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Miguel, I am American, live in Bavaria but work in the Rheinland Pfalz. How is detecting in Nordrhein Westfalen? MFG, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Great outdoor market finds Miguel. It looks like you are in the knife and fork collecting hobby now, too. HH and Happy Holidays

Desertfox

OP
OP
R

rammjäger

desertfox said:
Great outdoor market finds Miguel. It looks like you are in the knife and fork collecting hobby now, too. HH and Happy Holidays

Desertfox

I guess you're wright ! ;D ::)
MfG.:
Miguel

OP
OP
R

rammjäger

Bavaria Mike said:
Hello Miguel, I am American, live in Bavaria but work in the Rheinland Pfalz. How is detecting in Nordrhein Westfalen? MFG, Mike

Hello Mike,
to get a detecting permit in NRW is a bit easier than in other Länder /provinces .
You must go to the Boden Denkmalschütz Büro of your zone and ask for a permit
at this office. You'll get a date and you must explain why you would like to
do it. You must have some knowledge of history (roman,celtic etc.) and convince
them you would like to help the archeologists and report/give all your finds.
If you name some friend that already has a search permit,this will help.
Then with some luck you would get a searching permit for some determined
zone and you must pay for it some 50 euros for a year validity.
MfG.:
Miguel

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Miguel, I have a permit for Bavaria and the Rheinland Pfalz. Bavaria, I have to request it through the local town by land number and they will not give me historical sites, it is then sent to the county/Landkreis, then sent to the LDA/Archies. I have to show the Archies my finds and they can keep anything deemed treasure but give me a finders fee that would be split with the land owner. I have a 400 year old gold coin I am a little worried about but it is not rare and they have not kept anything. In the Rheinland Pfalz it was easier to get, I went to the Archeology Dept. in Trier, did an interview with an Archie and was given a very large area however I can not detect in forests, pastures or directly on historical sites. I just can not find anything old here in the RP and have Celtic and Roman sites. I can keep all finds here in the RP but must show the Archies anything old. They do have a law where they can keep treasure finds but have not enforced it in many years as they already have all the good stuff anyway. I have offered several Archies help but they either turn it down or say I can detect but not dig. By the way, the laws in Bavaria vary from county to county, I guess it is how they interpret the law. HH, Mike

OP
OP
R

rammjäger

Bavaria Mike said:
Hello Miguel, I have a permit for Bavaria and the Rheinland Pfalz. Bavaria, I have to request it through the local town by land number and they will not give me historical sites, it is then sent to the county/Landkreis, then sent to the LDA/Archies. I have to show the Archies my finds and they can keep anything deemed treasure but give me a finders fee that would be split with the land owner. I have a 400 year old gold coin I am a little worried about but it is not rare and they have not kept anything. In the Rheinland Pfalz it was easier to get, I went to the Archeology Dept. in Trier, did an interview with an Archie and was given a very large area however I can not detect in forests, pastures or directly on historical sites. I just can not find anything old here in the RP and have Celtic and Roman sites. I can keep all finds here in the RP but must show the Archies anything old. They do have a law where they can keep treasure finds but have not enforced it in many years as they already have all the good stuff anyway. I have offered several Archies help but they either turn it down or say I can detect but not dig. By the way, the laws in Bavaria vary from county to county, I guess it is how they interpret the law. HH, Mike

Hello Mike,
you are wright. Sometimes I do not understand these laws .There are so many hobby sondlers that would gladly
help the archies,but they turn every offer down ???
For instance, I saw in Discovery Channel, the famous bronze era "Himmelscheibe" where the sky and the exact possition ofthe stars and moon are showed,was found by hobby detectorists :o with a simple detector....
One of the most important discoveries in Europe's archeology!
On the other way, in Ebay you can find (and buy) legally many of this "forbidden" stuff.How can I
interpret it? ???
MfG.:
Miguel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread