Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Its 0231 am and I'm kinda bored...So here is a "Best" of finds from our 2004 dig of a virgin site discovered through hours upon hours of research,hiking,and a bit of good luck !
Knew about where to look and finding tell-tale signs and clues and the sheer luck of digging a british copper which led to the discovery of the fireplace !

Spent 2 solid months excavating the fireplace ( about 4.5 feet deep and about 10'x10' feet wide ) and sifting the dirt and ashes.
It was an amazing discovery and we were like kids in a candy store ! Never knowing what was going to turn up next !

What is in the display is the best that I found and is a mere drop in the bucket of total finds.

In the display are a metalic and non metalic finds such as baby teeth,a cootie comb,flints,and trade beads and wampum along with spanish silver,musket parts,trade silver,British coppers ( oldest is King Willaim & Mary 1697 ),cuff links,buckles,jews harps, Jesuit trade rings,crucifixs,and even a lead pencil !

Second photo is of some of the iron ( iron relics dug in between the 10,000 square nails ) my favorite being the flintlock mechinism !

Third & forth photo is a Duke of Cumberland battle of Fonteney victory medal
Fifth photo is the 4 reale cobb I dug. ( 1749 )

And finally the last photo is the sheet silver crucifix my partner Rock dug..It is a beautiful piece and has very attractive ornat etchings ! To this day I fell it is his best find ever !

The only bad thing about finding such a site is eventually the finds end and your left wishing someday you'll discover another site like it !!

HH everyone and Happy Holidays !!

D.

Attachments

• Picture_032.jpg
    Picture_032.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 3,842
  • ironrelics.jpg
    ironrelics.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,828
  • Picture_045.jpg
    Picture_045.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3,822
  • Picture_046.jpg
    Picture_046.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 3,816
  • cobb.jpg
    cobb.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,789
  • cross1.jpg
    cross1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3,772
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
We're not worthy, D., we're not worthy! :notworthy: Probably one of the BEST ever posted on Tnet!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to what are the octagonal finds to the left of all those big, nasty silver coins? Amazing stuff there.
Carl

allen1

Oct 2, 2008
I always seem to come back to see your picture. :-X great finds!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
allen

freeastro

OP
OP
Derek752

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
allen1 said:
I always seem to come back to see your picture. :-X great finds!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
allen

freeastro
Thanks Allen :thumbsup: I ReRead it to inspire myself :tongue3:

OP
OP
Derek752

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Curious to what are the octagonal finds to the left of all those big, nasty silver coins? Amazing stuff there.
Carl
Those are cufflinks Carl

D.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Derek,

Is there a piece of gold in there? What is that little object in the first photo? It looks like gold...

Again, Fantastic finds. Sites like that are well worth the time, energy, and research.

-Buckles

OP
OP
Derek752

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
Derek,

Is there a piece of gold in there? What is that little object in the first photo? It looks like gold...

Again, Fantastic finds. Sites like that are well worth the time, energy, and research.

-Buckles

Hey B.B. it is gold , I found it while sifting for trade beads. its obviously broken off off of something but what ??? Its always been a mystery :icon_scratch:

Good Huntin to ya :thumbsup:

D.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Derek, in your petri dish of beads, in case you didn't know it, the elongated pink beads are called wampum, they are made of coral and have a hole drilled through the length of them.......NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread