Farm Auction Finds

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
When I was a lot younger, my Dad & I would go go auctions. We (he) would pretty much buy boxes of junk; nuts, bolts, washers, nails, etc. He called them "20 year boxes. When we went through the boxes, we found mostly junk, but there was some good stuff. The first 2 pictures is stuff that I kept, the last 2 show that I continued the affliction:

Attachments

• Old front.JPG
    Old front.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,556
  • Old back.JPG
    Old back.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,556
  • New front.JPG
    New front.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,551
  • New back.JPG
    New back.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,537
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds! What does your button hook say on the back of it....I just found one almost exactly like it not to long ago.....

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The small one is a McKinley & Roosevelt "Victory and Prosperity" button with nothing on the back.

The Garland Stove button/token has Frances on one side of the lady's face, and Cleveland on the other side. Both are in Script. I haven't been able to find anything on it.

There's something stamped on the hook, but I can't make out what it is.

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
I like that - affliction. Well I guess I got it to. I love going up to my Dad's in PA and going to the auctions at farms and old homes. Some of the stuff you can find in the box lots is amazing for the dollar or two you pay for it. If I'm gonna be afflicted, I can think of worse things to be afflicted with, that's for sure. Good luck at the next auction.

cival war hunter 2 !

Dec 29, 2007
thats very good i haven't fond a dollar yet, i'm going up to my grammas plase theres a school right next door and i'm takeing my cousin with me and i will find a dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread