New guy here, with first indian head.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Just thought I would post my first official find and my first cool find. Only been out a few times, found this IH on my first day. Now I am sooo hooked. I just wish it would warm up, I am tired of wearing three pairs of sox and using an ice pick to dig...lol. Anyway, new to TN, but I have been looking at your finds since before I got my BH. Thanks for all the great posts and tips!
~Tom

Attachments

• firstindianheadpenny.jpg
    firstindianheadpenny.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 617
  • firstindianheadpenny 004.jpg
    firstindianheadpenny 004.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 603
  • firstindianheadpenny.jpg
    firstindianheadpenny.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 604
  • firstindianheadpenny 004.jpg
    firstindianheadpenny 004.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0

SilverSleuth

Oct 5, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin! Congratulations on your first good find. I'm still looking for my first one of those.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
What a great first find. Welcome to Tnet Tom. What took you so long? Plenty more where that one came from you just have to keep swinging that magic wand. Looking forward to seeing many more post from you! Happy Hunting

Desertfox

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK.

I know several US people on here that took years to break into the 1800s & you did it first day. You probably stuffed yourself for awhile now :D Thats the way it seems to work.

Good Luck & I'm glad we can detect all winter or I would kill people at work ;D

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Way to go tom on the indian head!!! Sending a big ATA-BOY your way on the first!! You will grow to just love those pull tabs.......no......no not really. 8)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Wow! Cool pulltab. :D Welcome to TN, Tom. Nice looking IH. I haven't found one yet. :'(
Can't wait to see what else you dig up.

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
ashleysflyr

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Thanks all,
you guys are awesome. Can't wait to get my technique down and find some good places to hunt. Just talked to the local city hall and they said I could hunt the old park (mid 1800's) if I would help them find the MANHOLE UNDER THE ASPHALT!!! I think I can find that! I hope so. If so, I think that will make it on my "best finds list." Never thought a manhole cover would be worth so much...lol. And I hope I didn't "stuff" myself CRUSADER, but the only thing besides clad I've found since then is a "rogers nickel silver" spoon in bad shape and a sign in a ghost town from the 50's. Still great conversation peices though! Thanks again guys and gals!
~Tom

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
Way to go TF ,you really never forget your first,In my case a 1903 ontop of ground/road,I was new and was having trouble pinpointing.I guess I naturally thought it would be underground so I was not paying attention to what was on top.anyaways after what seemed to be 5 mins. I spotted it and felt a bit stupid for not seeing sooner.In six years of detecting I've only found two others,1859 first year was Ironically my second IH then an 1864 or 1867?? But I'll never forget my first. Great job and may many more come your way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions