vercing2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,160
Upvote 0

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Wish i was more up to speed on Roman coins, but it sounds/looks like a great find.

vercingetorix

Sep 30, 2005
Toulouse
That sure is a fantastic coin !! and I remember now

Must be worth a lot of monney now . Do you plan to resell it someday or you want to keep it in your collection ?
I believe a gold stater with the legend "vercingetorix" on the obverse was sold over 60 000.00 E a few years ago but don't remember when exactly . since then a few similar coins have been recovered but that coin remains one of the rarest of the celtic's
:)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vercingetorix said:
That sure is a fantastic coin !! and I remember now

Must be worth a lot of monney now . Do you plan to resell it someday or you want to keep it in your collection ?
I believe a gold stater with the legend "vercingetorix" on the obverse was sold over 60 000.00 E a few years ago but don't remember when exactly . since then a few similar coins have been recovered but that coin remains one of the rarest of the celtic's
:)

I have collected coins since I was a kid & haven't sold any yet. Although unlike my detecting finds I could probably part with them in old age :)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll go and find one of these on my new field :D :D

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
What a fantastic coin! Especially because the Romans went out of their way to supress the Celtic tribes, I wonder what the history is?

Crusader, I've seen bits and bos of your collection posted here, and although I would never encourage you to part with any of it, if you ever do decide please contact me!!!!!!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Very nice indeed, I would like one of those (Or more) LOL
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread