Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right before christmas walked out of a resturant at night,looked down found a 22" 14k herring bone necklace wieghs 3/4oz. ;)

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple weeks ago I found a Blue Tooth earpiece. Hadn't been on the sidewalk long, it still worked and not smooshed.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today a 1904 V nickle where a store once stood.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I talked about doing nothing but asphalt hunting one day and post the finds on Tnet. We were going to hit Wal Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes and a couple of others just to see what the take would be in one day of hunting.

Sounds like fun. We just need to do it before summer!

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Picked up a crumpled $20 blowing at me across Lowe's parking lot.

Wife found $180 that had blown into the bushes beside an ATM in suburban Atlanta...Late at night...Not a soul in sight!

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
18?6 V nickel laying on the ground at a construction site I was working on in the Inman Park area of Atlanta. The house that formerly stood on the site was built in the 1870's and burned in the 1980's. The coin was exposed by the bulldozer that cleared the lot, and I still to this day regret not having taken my detector to work before all the old topsoil was hauled off.

OP
OP
tonytygr

tonytygr

Apr 26, 2007
birmingham al
Detector(s) used
whites 6000d coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds all! I love the asphalt hunting. There is a stripper bar near where I work, I try to hit the parking lot on Monday mornings to see what has been dropped over the week-end. Yes, I wear gloves. I always manage to find loose change, I'm just waiting for a diamond wedding ring!

As to the Wal-mart and Lowes, don't they have regular sweeper machines? it would be great to go through that vacuum!

T

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have an auto repair shop in Fairfield Iowa that shares a parking lot with a really messy thrift shop. Several times I have pulled into my parking space and found bills blown up to our building, never more than a 5 but it sill puts a smile on my face! ;D
I have found purses and wallets but I never look in them, I turn them in and hope the service people are trustworthy too.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Found $180 in the JC Pennys in a bank evelope and it had a transaction slip in it so I returned it to the bank and they praised me for honesty and the owner called me and more praise. ;D

D.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I found a beautiful watch once in a parking lot and am always finding change. Never thought of doing an asphalt hunt though! sounds like a fun thing...maybe we should all pick one day to do asphalt hunts and compare finds! :D :D

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
The Winter months is a good time to go scouting these parking lots. Make note of where they plow the snow to and leave it in big piles. Come spring time go look around where the snow was piled. Let the snowplow do the leg work for you. I found a 100 dollar bill one time.
Good Luck

chungkokyan

Greenie
Feb 26, 2008
I am in Hong Kong. My best find was a HK$100 (US$13) banknote on the ground 20 yrs ago~~~
However, I had lost my gold necklaces(more than 1 ounce ), silver laces, platinum ring to the ground~~~

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
was at new site to scope it out & get the feel when I looked down at something glinting thru the snow. picked this up. the house is fallen down, all the buildings are a jumble of timbers & stone, how this ever survived is beyond me!

Attachments

• found frame.JPG
    found frame.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 1,347

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were walking around the Battery in Charleston, S.C. and I saw a pocketbook on top of a dumpster. I went and looked in it and it had $3,000 cash and a stack of credit cards. We found the lady's ID and went and found her address. We knocked on the door and when she answered the door I thought she was going to freak out. It was an old woman that had gotten cash out of the bank to give her grandkids for Christmas (lucky grandkids). She thanked us and we went on our merry way, undaunted by lack of any monetary gain, just happy that we found it and not someone that would have a new flatscreen now.

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
It occured to me that actually the best find isn't a coin, I found the digital camera I use on the ground after the Voodoo fest in New Orleans a couple years back. I am a stagehand, and we usually make some good ground scores after the crowd has left, but the camera is the bast yet.

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
About 15 years ago I was hunting a sizable Civil War camp. The fields all had corn in them and the farmer had just turned them. I could only drive by and look for a couple of days since we had about three days of rain right after he turned them. Once I started hunted it again, I eyespotted a couple of three ringers.. easy since they are a nice white against the reddish Virginia soil.. but then I SAW before my coil even picked it up.. a Civil War breast plate on a little 2 or 3" column of dirt.. it was a little to one side but the rain had was the surrounding soil away and it was just sitting there on top!!! This was before I even thought about carrying a camera with me.. and long before I had my first digital.. but I regret to this day not being able to get a picture of it! The best part? I still remember sweeping it with my coil!! I guess it is habit.. but I stood there for a second doing the.. "did I just do that??" ;-) The thing was layin gright there on top of the ground.. and I guess I had to make "sure" it was there!! That still ranks up there as one of the coolest things I have seen while out metal detecting..

MonkeyBoy

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
i am a mailman in ohio...lots of snow. have had the same route in the projects for 12 years. i find lots of cash each week and here are some highlights. 1. a 38 automatic with 5 bullets in it. serial numbers scratched off. the police said it was used in a shooting 2 months earlier. 2. last december i walked past a 20 dollar bill, so i back tracked and found a 50 then another 20. 3. a diamond ring 3 years ago. 4. last august a wallet with $90 and a library card with no name. i went to the library, got the name and it was a 14 year old boy's on my route. got a nice handshake from the grandfather and some respect. 5. found 3 wallets in driveways all with cash and IDs all returned. 6. couple of years ago in the fall i was crossing a lawn of a vacant apartment and found a wad of cash rolled with a rubber band...four 20s a 5 and a 2dollar bill....donuts the next day for the boys at the post office. i average about $30 a month in change and sometimes much more...god bless the drug dealers. they don't believe in wallets. keep your chin up but your eyes down!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread