My Best

rj35pj

Oct 17, 2007
East Central Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
E-trac,Omniprobe
Here are a few of my best finds over the last few years. I have lurked on this forum for a few months and decided I should contribute. I use this picture as my wallpaper at work. It sometimes get comments from folks and then it opens the door to conversation that occasionally results in a lead or two for future detecting sites.
The top half dollar was my first of any kind of half and was found in a pasture that once had been the site of a carnival/fair. The second half and the quarter with the beat-up head came from a corn field where there used to be old buildings, and the third half with the hole came from the front yard of a farm house that also gave me my first half dime. The other seated quarter also came from a corn field.
I really enjoy this forum, the finds are often first class, but it is also nice to know that all of us get skunked at times also.
Happy hunting,
Bob

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,107
Upvote 0

JT in Virginia

Aug 16, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
those are some great coins! its hard to find 1800's silver, much less half dollars...you are doing pretty good! :o :o

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some beautiful seated coins Bob. I've only been fortunate enough to find one seated coin so far. Congrats on some nice finds! :thumbsup:

NY Michael

Mar 30, 2008
orange county NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer XS, Sea Hunter XL500
One of mine but not the best find was an ammout of cash till this day I have no idea exactaly how much it was, I was a kid around 9 years old visiting the local state park with my family, being a kid it was bathroom break pit stop, I rember going into the stall looking on the ground and picking up a brown wallet that was STUFFED, that much $$$$, next thing I rember was how I went to show mom & my grandmother, she was wise woman who worked for the park long time ago ....had no intention of handing over that much cash she just kept saying how the police would pocket it and no way!!..to give an idea of how much money was that we used it to buy plane tickets to Ireland & spent 2 weeks visitin family, I still get good laugh with my sister who was rembers that day so well.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions