Set up a few display cases.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few relatively inexpensive relic type display cases online and decided to take a little time to set a few up tonight. I assembled the one with the buttons about a week ago. Mostly colonials. I only found three of the points in the indian artifact display. The rest were picked up nearby a creek by my grandfather years and years ago just outside of Owego New York.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 896
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 892
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You did a beautiful job on those! My favorites are case #1 and case #3!! I would be happy with any though...you have some nice finds and very nicely put together too! :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
are those large cents with the punch marks in them in case #4, I found two that dates 1817, and one that dates around 1812 with the same punch marks in them.

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Nice job on arranging the displays... they look lovely.

Buttons are always tricky to display. We want to show the patterns but also the markings on the back so it is always a tossup which way to do it.

Thanks for showing us your finds and how others might display their's as well.

HH

Sanat

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
You did a beautiful job on those! My favorites are case #1 and case #3!! I would be happy with any though...you have some nice finds and very nicely put together too! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the response. Case 1 isn't really done yet. I didn't have enough to fill it. It's a work in progress. Hopefully I'll find some more cool jewelry/religious items to put in there this year.
Sanat said:
Nice job on arranging the displays... they look lovely.

Buttons are always tricky to display. We want to show the patterns but also the markings on the back so it is always a tossup which way to do it.

Thanks for showing us your finds and how others might display their's as well.

HH

Sanat
I agree with you. It's hard to decide which side to display. Most of the buttons had nothing on the front. The ones that had designs, I showed the front. The ones that were blank, I showed the backs.
Old River said:
are those large cents with the punch marks in them in case #4, I found two that dates 1817, and one that dates around 1812 with the same punch marks in them.
Those are all buttons in there but you have me curious. I'd like to see some pictures of those large cents you found. Sounds very interesting. Thanks for the response.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll get a picture posted of the large cent in a couple of days. Watch for it. Thanks

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is beautifully displayed. Some awesome finds you have there.

:wink: RR

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent up a display of buttons for the local musuem. Makes a good display,I think.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ev,
Your finds look fantastic displayed. :thumbsup: You have quite a collection going. One of my faves is that old pad lock.
Thanks for the post.
-MM-

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
great job setting up!!

really like that heal plate! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: great job setting up!!

Marc(NB) said:
really like that heal plate! :thumbsup:
Thanks. You'd be surprised how small it is. Definitely from a woman's shoe.
ModernMiner said:
Ev,
Your finds look fantastic displayed. :thumbsup: You have quite a collection going. One of my faves is that old pad lock.
Thanks for the post.
-MM-
Thanks for the response Doug. I've got a few more miscellaneous things that I want to case up. As I said above....works in progress. :tongue3: :D

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
That is quite a collection. How long did it take for you to assemble such a nice collection of history? Good luck finding more!

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Formula1BMW said:
That is quite a collection. How long did it take for you to assemble such a nice collection of history? Good luck finding more!
Only about two years believe it or not. You'd be surprised how much stuff turns up at a good colonial site. Most of the buttons were found at the same site. Thanks for your reply.

Rob

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds I love your buttons I need to get a display case for mine that looks very nice. Keep up the good work.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Rob, (evolution) My friend Howard is from Owego I have been there with him back in the 70's. We are heading back to Endicott area to hunt some family private property , some time this summer. His last name is Williams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread