NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years ago I went where there used to be a carnival, before a school got built on the site. The carnival ran from the late teens on into the 50's. And being creatures of habit, they set the games up in the same spot year after year. Accelerate to the 1980's. The school was built in 1955. In 1989 they were replacing the sidewalks around the school and doing some minor relandscaping, along comes ME....Dollar signs appear in my eyes..... ;D. So I wait until they are done for the day, and I went back, somewhere between the road and the front of the school, I dug these 4 rings in a 5'X5' area. I talked with an oldtimer that was there watching me, and he said that he remembered those rings ??? He said that those rings were in the Penny Crane Grabbox. You know, almost like the quarter a try, stuffed animal rip off scheme machines :o. He said the guys would spend almost all their allowances trying to get a ring for their gal pals, I think he said most of his friends were getting 5 cents a week. I found a woman that collected these rings, but she passed away about 10 years ago, she used to pay me $25.00 each, no matter what color glass stone was in it. I thought maybe this would jog some other memories. BTW, all these rings ARE sterling.

Attachments

• Kiddiegem sterling rings (penny crane).jpg
    Kiddiegem sterling rings (penny crane).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,300
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one a couple weeks ago, here is mine, plus an original ad where you could buy them............

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 908
  • ring #10.JPG
    ring #10.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 993
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 898
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Where did you ever get that ad? What year is the ad, do you know? It looks like a store stand-up cardboard ad............

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that ad while searching for info about my ring, someone actually had it for sale on ebay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions