GOLD PROSPECTING IN AMERICA SHOW 40 OZ NUGGET !!! OR ONE OF THE MASSIES SHOWS

R

rusty nails

Saturday i watched one of the massie or massy's show on Gold Prospecting this guy from CZCHECLOSLOVAKI (SP) had found a 40 oz nugget - next to an old bucket dredge - must have been Alaska - and they must have just missed it - it was amazing - best part is he found the location to hunt it.... by dowsing - u gotta love it ! :P I DO (anyways did anybody else see this LUMP of gold)? LBP tuned in late did not get the exact show name ........

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rusty nails

the OUTDOOR CHANNEL - we just got it on our cable - ADOPLHIA CABLE - ::) they have the brother massie on friday nights also - around 11pm - i get them mixed up - some of the shows r the buzzardite classics , gold prospecting in am. and treasure hunting in america - some r from a few yrs back and others appear to be newer - the nugget was copywrite 2004 LBP

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hey Leftie: It is always fun when someone finds that series of shows put on by the GPAA hosted by the Massies. IF you have dish,get the new Outdoor channel 2, supposidly Whites will be sposoring a detecting show or two also, saw the clips on Outdoor Channel, this will be in all HD. GPAA shows cover all of it and then some from detectin nuggets to just panning and everything in the middle. Been a member and stockholder for many years, it is getting better all the time, and that is one good chunk of gold. ;D Hardrock

OP
OP
R

rusty nails

there were several white detectors commercials on the show i viewed the other night -
i am not a gold prosector by no means - but theres something about watching those people go through the extremes of gold hunting - there was a show on disc. network about treasure hunting - they had a place out west where you could go and dig for diamonds - all natural - it is a state park - they plow it over every so often and u pay a fee to dig - this one guy found a huge yellow diamond - its huge - hillary clinton wore it to both the inagural balls - they said workers have found diamonds just walking across the open field 8)

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Fisher CZ-20/21
Re: GOLD PROSPECTING IN AMERICA SHOW 40 OZ NUGGET !!! OR ONE OF THE MASSIES SHOW

That diamond site is in Arkansas. Not really that far west. That is why Hillary wore it.

I've been there but don't remember the name. Another senior moment, don'tcha know!

OP
OP
R

rusty nails

oh my bad - when u store as much information as i process on a weekly basis - u have to clean out the closet once in awhile.....atleast thats what my therapist tells me.

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
Re: GOLD PROSPECTING IN AMERICA SHOW 40 OZ NUGGET !!! OR ONE OF THE MASSIES SHOW

Diamonds in arkansas have been there, the field is kimberlite and has no shade. the diamonds for the most part 99% are very small. When we were there it was about 100 or so degrees and you took a pick an attacked a concrete dirt, gotour self a decent pile of it and then panned it out. talk about work, not a heck of a lota fun at 100 degrees with 90 % humidity, but I imagine it would be not so bad in fall or spring. THere is a black guy there that has found amny 1/4 carat or so stones, he had a pit about 15-20 feet deep, but I understand that they have filled all the pits and everyone has to start over from scratch everyday. He works the area daily, he does it for a living, us tourists saw more diamonds in the shop than in the groiund. It is a nice park and an interesing stop for any vacation though, I would go back if I were in the neighborhood again

HH
Vrent

OP
OP
R

rusty nails

thanks for your input - my wife thought it would be something neat to do if we ever get to the state - i knew if i mentioned it somebody would - shed some light on the subject - i think they showed that guy - he did not look like a tourist - he looked like he had a system and had a huge hole dug - and happened that he wasnt white - more seriouS than the regular mom dad & kids on vaca - LBP

A

ArizonaWren

Hey LBP,

I also saw the lump of Gold you mention... it was on "The Gold Fever Show" hosted by Tom Massie. He interviewed the gentelman about dowsing the spot and then dredging that huge nugget in Alaska. It was pretty awesome; in fact I taped on the DVR and have had to watch it a few times.

Tom's older brother Perry hosts "Prospecting America" and they recently had a show displaying the "Tongue Nugget" found with a Minelab SD2200 near Stanton, Arizona. This nugget weighed in at 25 1/2 oz., a real heavy weight contender, gold in quartz specimen. You can see a good color photograph of this nugget in Rich Gholson's book "Rich Hill - The History of Arizona's Most Amazing Gold District".

These great shows help prove that there is still plenty of gold left to be found.

- Wren

OP
OP
R

rusty nails

thanks for the comeback and imformation - i guess yah had to see it - to believe it - u know when u see something like that it pumps u up ~ !

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I'm 45 minutes from Czechoslovakia. Definitely want to do a hunt there sometime! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread