Consignment sale find

bdbullets

Jun 15, 2008
Davenport Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Hi All
This is my first post so we will see how it goes. In March I went to a local consignment auction and bought these tokens to resell on EBay.
I go to all the local estate sales and auctions to buy antiques and other stuff I can sell on the auction sites. I have had really good luck doing this for the last 5 years or so with a few surprises. I usually make about 60 percent return on my investments. Usually tokens and coins go for way more than they are worth so I don't usually get any. When it came to these tokens nobody wanted them so I gave them a one dollar bid and got them. Over the next week I put a bunch of my purchases on EBay including these tokens. I really had no idea of their value but I have had good luck with the few I have bought thru the years. I usually make a few dollars on them. BUT on the 3 tokens from Utah I got the surprise of my life. 3 minutes before they ended they were up to 34 dollars and I was ecstatic. I watched them every few seconds till they ended and in the last 5 seconds they jumped to $1500.00.
This has been my best find this year (actually the last 5 years that I have been doing this) by far, but before I put anymore tokens on the sites I try and do a little research first.

Attachments

• File0022.jpg
    File0022.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 1,158
Upvote 0

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly, congratulations. That is friggin' fantastic. You have a good eye, some collectors are always looking for hard-to-find tokens and you just hit the jackpot WTG :thumbsup:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 dollar !!! :D :o :thumbsup: :coffee2:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and man....all I can say is....You did GUD...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread