Another selections of English finds.

D

Doug UK

Another selection of personal finds from an English field.

DougUK

Thanks for looking.
1844547.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Doug UK

Thanks for your kind comments.

Bottom two rows consists mainly of decorative belt fittings, on the back of the item you have two small prongs that penetrate into the leather belt.

Second item in top LHS is a book fitting and next door is a garment hook fitting.

Rest is mainly decorative clog fittings.

Quite common finds from the farm workers of old.

DougUK

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Clog Decorations/ Now you got me going....you mean wooden shoe clogs right? So now I am off to do some research....very cool....show us more.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Doug UK said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Clog Decorations/ Now you got me going....you mean wooden shoe clogs right? So now I am off to do some research....very cool....show us more.

Hi,

Yes they are in the main wood clogs with upper leathers.

This link will show you many more. My thanks to Colchester MDC.

http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/C/clogfasteners.htm

DougUK
[/quote
Well Doug...Who the heck knew....wonderful site....I had no idea people decorated clogs....I have only seen them carved or painted....very very cool

OP
OP
D

Doug UK

Well Doug...Who the heck knew....wonderful site....I had no idea people decorated clogs....I have only seen them carved or painted....very very cool
[/quote]

GH you are welcome to the information.

Speaking of “footwear”, in my house if you place a pair of shoes or any footwear on the table my wife will go absolutely berserk!

What is the connection between clogs, table, and bad luck?

DougUK

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Doug....I think it has to do with dirt...bad luck...although some would consider it bad luck to be hit upside the head with a pair of shoes that were formerly sitting on the table...... :icon_queen:

OP
OP
D

Doug UK

Gypsy Heart said:
Doug....I think it has to do with dirt...bad luck...although some would consider it bad luck to be hit upside the head with a pair of shoes that were formerly sitting on the table...... :icon_queen:

Quote:- "It goes back to the days when a body was taken home after someone dies and they are laid out for people to pay respects. The burial outfit was usually place on the table next to the coffin and so if you saw a pair of shoes on the table it meant someone had died"

GH

Thats what my wife says!!!!

Goodnight! (23.25 local time)

Doug

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug, my grandmother told me, its mainly new shoes that bring the bad luck, I guess old shoes just bring dirt on the table but its definetly NEW shoes..

Yep, she was full blooded English woman.

Molly. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions