*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
More of my best finds from years past -

Conneticut Militia - White Oak White House - Stafford, VA
DSCN2564.JPG

Lousiana Militia -coat and cuff - Centerville, VA - rt 29 in what we called the Ammo Dump - lots of goodies came from around and in the pond as it was drained for construction.
DSCN2563.JPG

South Carolina Militia - cuffs - Rt 3 @ 5 Mile Fork, Spotsylvania, VA - Bragg Hill, Fredericksburg, VA
DSCN2559.JPG

South Carolina Militia - Gold gilt button found in the SC Camps of Moss Neck Plantation, Caroline, VA - Silver Gilt - Centerville, VA near the intersection of rt's 28 and 29.
DSCN2560.JPG

Sword Belt Keepers - Never found the plates - Harris Farm battle field - Spotsylvania, VA
DSCN2603.JPG

British Cartridge Box Plate - I cried when I could not find the missing part - did find a few british silver coins from late 1700's. - Found in the Walnut Grove Camps in Stafford, VA - must have been used by at leat one Brit during the revolution.
DSCN2607.JPG

Vermont Militia - Walnut grove Camps - Stafford, VA
DSCN2612.JPG

General Service Calvery - Catharpin Rd, Spotsylvania, VA
DSCN2613.JPG

Boars Tusk - found in a camp fire pit with a Missippi C cuff and a Georgia coat face (see these in a future post)
DSCN2614.JPG

Described in the Alberts button book as OD26B "U.S. Official Navy Department (?)" - Back mark is unreadable - found at a home site which was a known revolutionary and CW camp. anyone have additional info to add re the date and specific use? this is one of my favorites.
DSCN2620.JPG

Confederate Local (no BM) Script I - Found at a Richmond, VA home site
DSCN2625.JPG

South Carolina Button Face - Camp Art - appears the soldier was cutting out the palmetto tree to make.... a hat pin?
DSCN2628.JPG

Till the wife allows me to return to the computer to post more (says I spend too much time here and she's probably right) Enjoy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Thanks - someday I hope to get back into serious hunting - until then I grab the moments as they come - I'm finding stuff here in Germany but nothing here gets me as excited as a good CW Relic.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBX Slumlord said:
British Cartridge Box Plate - I cried when I could not find the missing part - did find a few british silver coins from late 1700's. - Found in the Walnut Grove Camps in Stafford, VA - must have been used by at leat one Brit during the revolution.

Yes that seriously sucks. I dug one in 2002.

Your other finds probably eased the pain a little. :)

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Very nice finds.I can't see enough pictures of civil war finds.Keep them coming.

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread