Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May have been used as an Anchor.

? ? You Wouldn't Believe some of the Things I saw being used, even

? ? ? ? ? ? ? Coffee Cans filled with Cement? :D , Window Weights,? :D

? and a 45 LB. hunk of Stainless Steel? :D to name a few.

? Congrats on the Find.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Attachments

• Explorer-II.jpg
    Explorer-II.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,623

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Those are used to mount on docks for folks to tie up their boats to. Usually they're smaller on lakes; that looks like it could handle the Queen Mary. Looks fairly new, being that bright color. They do weigh a bunch. Don't drop it on your toe! :o -Noodle

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
They are called "Cleats". Used to tie up boats on the docks and on the boats. The bigger the boat the bigger the cleat required.
I had a buddy used a 16lb. bowling ball for and anchor. He got tired of loosing anchors. Figured the round ball would not get caught up on anything but would supply enough weight for his small boat. GUESS WHAT? Bowling Balls FLOAT..... ;D

D

Deadshot

DiggerDude101 said:
They are called "Cleats". Used to tie up boats on the docks and on the boats. The bigger the boat the bigger the cleat required.
I had a buddy used a 16lb. bowling ball for and anchor. He got tired of loosing anchors. Figured the round ball would not get caught up on anything but would supply enough weight for his small boat. GUESS WHAT? Bowling Balls FLOAT..... ;D

Funniest thing I heard all day. Thanks for the ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deadshot

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I've had my boat for 4 years now and I still haven't learn how to tie it up with the propper knot... ;D

OP
OP
C

cnhjkkc

DiggerDude101 said:
I had a buddy used a 16lb. bowling ball for and anchor. He got tired of loosing anchors. Figured the round ball would not get caught up on anything but would supply enough weight for his small boat. GUESS WHAT?? Bowling Balls FLOAT..... ;D
???Good job never would have thought that those balls float?!? I found it up in south haven Michagen. Now what can I do with it in Indy with no water for a boat?? ???

J

joe of p-ville

If I get in deep and fast enough water I could use it to tie up my dredge. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread