2 Of my custom knives!!!

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 Of my custom knive's!!!

Helly everybody,here are two of my custom(modern)made knives.1st. is (fixed blade,fixed blades are ones that do not close)made by J.D.Barth w/Treestump custom made sheath,9.5in.overall length handle(called scales)is made fromWHOOLY MAMOTH TUSK,Also called FOSSIL IVORY,mosaic pins,red line liner,file work on top of blade.the 2nd.is a folder(non-fixed)made by DW Childress,closed its 4.5in.open 8.5in.scales made fromSAMBAR STAG,NEAT FILE WORK ON THIS BLADE...well thats them!!! anybody else have custom made blades?Modern or vintage,i gotta find some vintage customs! Thanks for looking&listening!

Attachments

• 2 488.jpg
    2 488.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 498
  • 2 499.jpg
    2 499.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 2 496.jpg
    2 496.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 500
  • 2 497.jpg
    2 497.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 497
  • 2 492.jpg
    2 492.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 2 490.jpg
    2 490.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 504
OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2 Of my custom knive's!!!

Ya thats a beauty! i love how the bolsters are hammered/molded to fit the grooves on handle...

Attachments

• 2 491.jpg
    2 491.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 484
OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very very COOL!!!,I would not say that it is a soldiers knife at least not an issued one,seems to date from that era...i cannot remember what they are called(i'll tell ya later after i look around)but that style of knife is carried by almost all frenchmen/women to this day,used for picnic's&such&the wine opener makes sense.i've had a few but not NEARLY as nice...i'll get more info for ya on the GR later! very cool blade don!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Those are all very nice blades! My dad has made a few and they are gorgeous....I keep telling him that is what I want for Christmas since I was in high school and somehow I guess he doesn't believe me. :'(

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cynangyl do you have any pics,doe's he sell them??
just-geese the more i look at the the attachmet for securing to your body MAY be a military issue...i'm hook on your knife now! thanks cynangyl!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

tokenhead said:
cynangyl do you have any pics,doe's he sell them??
just-geese the more i look at the the attachmet for securing to your body MAY be a military issue...i'm hook on your knife now! thanks cynangyl!

I just WISH I had pics of them. lol He has not sold any to my knowledge, only given them as gifts to people like his dad and my brother in law. I am gonna keep trying to get one! lol

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cynangyl,get me one too! HA,lol!
seriously though if you ever get pics post them ok?,thanks!

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Wow, those are really cool. I love the antler knife just geese, history is so cool.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

tokenhead said:

I will gladly do that. Maybe I can get my sister to take a pic of the one Dad gave her husband at least

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cynangyl said:
tokenhead said:

I will gladly do that. Maybe I can get my sister to take a pic of the one Dad gave her husband at least
Cool,that would be great,love to see one!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Okay, got Barb to take some pics of the one Dad made for her husband. Sure wish I had pics of the ones he made for my grandpa and uncle! All the pics are of the same knife but she sent all the pics so I decided I may as well post them all lol

Attachments

• DSC00187.JPG
    DSC00187.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC00189.JPG
    DSC00189.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00191.JPG
    DSC00191.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 395

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

as far as I know he doesn't make them anymore. He just made a few a long time ago then he remarried and he has a honeydo list longer than he is and have not seen him make anything since. lol

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I have only seen 3 knives that he made, this one being my least favorite of the three but still think he did a pretty good job!

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cynangyl said:
I have only seen 3 knives that he made, this one being my least favorite of the three but still think he did a pretty good job!
VERY NICE JOB!,did he make the sheath? he didn't mark that one huh?just-geese got the style,are handles bone/stag?,Thanks so much for your effort on this topic!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

tokenhead said:
Cynangyl said:
VERY NICE JOB!,did he make the sheath? he didn't mark that one huh?just-geese got the style,are handles bone/stag?,Thanks so much for your effort on this topic!

The only one I remember him marking was the one he made grandpa...the first knife and my favorite and it was marked Ed#1 on the blade right by the handle. He did make the sheath as well. He used to do a lot of leather work when I was a kid and even did rifle scabbards for my sister and mother for when they went out on horseback. The knife in the pic was probably made 20 yrs ago and knowing my brother in law has had plenty of use. lol I believe the handle was made from a deer antler he had laying around. I have a fascination with blades of all types as well as firearms and used to have an extensive collection...unfortunately I gotta start over! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread