Error coins

Rollins

Aug 30, 2012
Dade City, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I was hoping you can help me with an unusual error I found. I have a 1961 Jefferson Nickel where the edge of the back of his head is lifted up as well as the edges of the memorial on the reverse. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? If so, any idea what it would be worth? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1886871448.jpg
    image-1886871448.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 159
  • image-2028494818.jpg
    image-2028494818.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen grease in dies do funny things to coins.. Not saying for sure that's what you have here just my opinion.. There are people on here that know alot about these kinds of errors maybe one of them can offer a different opinion.. Hope you find the answer your looking for..

OP
OP
Rollins

Rollins

Aug 30, 2012
Dade City, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen grease in dies do funny things to coins.. Not saying for sure that's what you have here just my opinion.. There are people on here that know alot about these kinds of errors maybe one of them can offer a different opinion.. Hope you find the answer your looking for..

So do I, thanks.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears to be Post Mint Damage to me and not due to being struck through Grease! A better straight on close-up of the area in question, might help.

Frank

OP
OP
Rollins

Rollins

Aug 30, 2012
Dade City, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to be Post Mint Damage to me and not due to being struck through Grease! A better straight on close-up of the area in question, might help.

Frank

I've tried getting a better close up, I only haven't cell phone and a magnifier. I will try to get a better shot. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread