Does anyone collect keys?

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a ziplock bag of keys that I have dug. I have no use for them. There are a few car keys, lock keys and other various types. I think I have found a few more since this pic was taken, I'm not positive though.

If somebody wants to pay shipping, I'll send them to you. They'll fit in a small priority box which I think is $7.20 per the USPS website. If there is a cheaper way to ship, I'll be glad to do that.

dOsy5jB.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 mason jars full of keys. You have a nice collection.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mobile deejays use them in a gag bit during wedding receptions. The deejay will quietly hand them out to females then announce to the crowd that since the groom is now married, to please return any items. It's hilarious to watch the line of gals, (and sometimes one guy for added laughs) walk up and drop the keys into a container.
On the other side of that is when the announcement is made to please return items to the bride. The deejay has secretly handed out pairs of panties to dozens of males in attendance.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mobile deejays use them in a gag bit during wedding receptions. The deejay will quietly hand them out to females then announce to the crowd that since the groom is now married, to please return any items. It's hilarious to watch the line of gals, (and sometimes one guy for added laughs) walk up and drop the keys into a container.
On the other side of that is when the announcement is made to please return items to the bride. The deejay has secretly handed out pairs of panties to dozens of males in attendance.

That is hilarious! :laughing7:

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude, recycle the brass

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if someone asked for. keys all the tnetters could vive them a barn full

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's proof you metal detect. Nice keys.:icon_thumright:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800

At a good friend's wedding, we got a pair of my wife's panties and he had them up his sleeve and when he went to remove the bride's garter, he came out from under the dress with the panties instead. The reactions were fantastic.

Back to the thread, I have several hundred dug keys as well and they just pile up. I'll probably take them to the scrapper some day and recycle with all the other copper and brass I dig.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collect Pocket watch keys.

I have a box of skeleton and old furniture keys. It wasn't really my intention to collect them, they just added up over the years of throwing them in the "key box".

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Hoarder I collect them , Other than the Old skeleton types my favorite one is a Ford Mustang Key that has the Stallion running engraved on it ..cool .

The rounded top & sides types are cool also .

I have key for everything , BMW's to Harley's.
&
Yes gunntekk1, the Brass is worth Good $.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have every key of every type I've ever found. In a way they each have their own story I guess. The two best keys are both the earliest FORD Motor Co. car keys, one made of nickel/silver circa. 1919-1920 made by Briggs & Stratton, and the other made of brass circa. 1926.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread