its gonna be on fire

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
welcome to woodbursting 202 (we way past 101) we hauled two loads from here today, now have about 20 rick and still cutting, hey i may not be able to do it next year (bad case of lazietties) or may not be able to find it near, this is just below my tarpaper shack.
and as a matter of fact, gonna build a fire shortly, will be down in the lower 40's or high 30's on my mt tonite. let there be smoke and heat---lol :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• woodburst1nov08.JPG
    woodburst1nov08.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 396
  • woodburst2-nov08.JPG
    woodburst2-nov08.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 401
  • woodburst3nov08.JPG
    woodburst3nov08.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 399

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Nothin warms like wood heat! You are gonna be nice and cozy! and far from lazy obviously..I have brought in wood before, that is a lot of work! lol

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ARE goin be very warm and toasty! You stay warm and safe this winter!

We had baseball size hail just a few miles from here tonight, then supposed to turn cooler to cold ?????

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nancy, where are your work gloves? I believe we have enough fire wood split to last 3+ yrs. All the trees lost during Gustav & Ike kinda put the firewood people out of business for a while.

Nothing better than a nice fire in the woodheater on those cold, dreary winter days.

:wink: RR

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to sell wood back in the late 60's for enough cash to make ends meet. Hard work but, you seem to have the perfect helper. :wink: Question, what is a rick?? Out here in the West we call our wood piles, (depending on how much you have) 1/2 cord or a full cord. A cord is roughly a stack of wood measuring 4'x4'x8'.

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
rr----she dosent need gloves, i usually handle all the wood, i have talked her into sitting down to run the ram, i dont wear gloves either, just have to dig splinters out-lol

johnnycat--what we call a rick around here is 4ft high 8ft long and usually 18 to 22 inches long (length of piece of wood) and i burn a lot of it during winter, prolly would help i had doors on my tarpaper shack, maybe next year--lol :icon_sunny:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
gilmerman said:
Make sure you get your flue or chimney checked for creosote

Naw...
Just drop a couple chickens down it every once in a while.
They'll knock the stuff out of the chimney every time.

LOL
Thom

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ha! Ha!

Chickens down the pipe!

I guess that's about the same as a goose on a noose!

We generally built too big a fire once and a while, early in the day when we were up and about,
ready for action. Basically we settled for a small jet-blast when prepared, as opposed to one
taking off some time when we may not have been prepared for it. It worked for us.

...and we burned an awful lot of pitch filled pine. by choice. we got good money for the oak we'd cut!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the Mrs. has it made :D I wish I could burn wood. Even though it's a lot of work it's better than paying the oil companies :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread