nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,after watching Packer Backers amazing restoration of his tractor and some interest of old cars from members.I thought being we're getting into the winter weather and making it harder to MD that I would share my latest project as starting with pratically nothing and transforming hopefully into a nice ride. I have started on this already and will post pics and keep updating progress as I go.
The car that I am building is a 1963 Nova Super Sport Convertible and building with my own style modifications and originality as well.

This is a pic of my starting point,

I hope you find it interesting.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0012.jpg
    100_0012.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,238

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova would love to see this work in progres as the winter months go buy! It should be really cool to watch!
I cant wait to see the work!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have a 'lot of work' ahead, good luck on your project.

Fossis............

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,ok we have a starting point ,which is basically just a empty shell .I decided to make the first challenge of this project, the frontend.I started a search on ebay for front inner fenders and hopefully a disc brake system that i could afford on my budget.I got lucky and found it all together for a very reasonable price.
I got it home and sanded the inner fenders and prepped them to get ready for paint.Why i was working these parts i decided to sand the firewall and the metal interior dash and prep them as well,so i could paint all the parts at the same time.
The color I chose is a Redfire Pearl Metallic,which i will spray my complete engine bay and other parts mentioned,so they will match the exterior of the body when i am able to paint it.
I am a person that likes different and that is why this car is being modified to my own standards with paint included.Which means none of the colors,engine,suspension or some other items will not be original but my own choice of direction.

In this photo is the inner fenders and firewall (engine bay) painted up.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0022.jpg
    100_0022.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,272

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Sweet! Keep us updated. I'm a nut for motors and wheels! Or as my Sis called them, my motortoys.

There's a 63 or so Nova II 4dr. out by the farm, just sitting by the roadside. Grandad had a 4cyl at one point, then he got a Lincoln Mark IV. I don't know if it was the size, or the Roman numerals. ??? :P

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! you got your work cut out for you will be watching for pictures I have done body work and painting all my life if you go to mug shots and go to Jimmy of Pa he has a Mustang posted he is working on I posted one on his site a 1971 Mach 1 I did a few years ago I like to see the engine compartment painted the same as the out side good luck keep us posted with your progress :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nova Treasure check out East Coast Chevy for some disc brake options. http://www.eastcoastchevy.com/ They have some nice options and all US made. I bought a setup including the dual res. master cylinder off them for my 57 nomad project. They are great people. let me know if your trying to hunt down something particular that your having trouble finding. i know a few folks in the biz. Should be a sweet ride when your done. Hope you have a warm garage! I don't ;D

Brian

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Good luck on this custom job. I like your color choice. Will look foreward to updates

ray

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It is going to be gorgeous! I can picture it already! So glad you decided to share the project with us as you go! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello again,I thought i would share the painted radiator core support to help show the forming of the frontend.I also have posted the sprayed metal dash which will have alot of chrome trim,knobs and badges with the cushioned dash pad that comes on the Super Sport at the end of completion.
Also pics included is the 3 stages put into the 350 turbo transmission ,just to show the detail going into all the parts.

We have put in a complete floorpan from front to back and is made for the bucket seats and the floor transmission shifter.This was done by installing the doors temporarly and doing some bracing in the trunk space to keep everything in alignment and square.
Another thing completed is the bolt in front disc brake kit with beefier springs to hold better for the V8 engine transplant.
Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0091.JPG
    100_0091.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,867
  • 100_0090.JPG
    100_0090.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,852
  • 100_0087.JPG
    100_0087.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • 100_0088.JPG
    100_0088.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,865
  • 100_0089.JPG
    100_0089.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,811

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when people care enough and have such pride when they redo vehicals to take the care on the detail, it is goig to be beautiful, keep postin!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
The only new car I owned was a 77 Nova. I was in the Army and did nothing for over a year, saved my cash. Gave the dealer 37 one hundred dollar bills. I have a soft spot for them since.

Looking forward to updates, love the color choice.

DM

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Everyone for the nice replys and i enjoy hearing about others that's had nova's previously.I enjoy tinkering with them an trying different ideas to add a mix into the car cruises.

Nova Treasure

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
Nice color. My mom had a 63 Nova. A friend of mine bought a 64 four door in the early 90s after the spare tire was stolen from under his new pick up. Unfortunately a 64 Nova has the hood release on the outside so they stole his battery.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello again,I thought i would share a pic of my dash after installing the knobs,steering column,speedometer cluster that i restored.You can also see in the pic that the front shocks are installed and i added chrome shock towers to add to the rest of the shiney parts that will be installed under the hood.
I still have to finish bolting up the steering column and cleaning up the wiring and such but that will come later when i am sure that everything is in working order.This will save some time and saves from adding scratches and such.

The next pics to be shown will probably be the Rearend that i am in the process of building and it is another part that i am building by my own personal preference and not original,so if interested check back in a few days and hopefully i can get those pics and info posted.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0093.jpg
    100_0093.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,733

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread