old country store, graves and caddo indian mounds

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old country store, graves and caddo indian mound's

I got up today and wanted to go hunt arrowheads, but it was to wet icy to go down a dirt road
and i was afraid to get stuck! so i decided to ride around and take some pics of some history in my area
the old store is from the early 1900's and the graves are right out back of the store, they say it was an old stage coach stop
i detected around it before and have found some old money like indian head's and what not. Now the mounds are caddo indian
i have hunted the smaller one and have found some cool stuff in it, but the huge mound is protected and no one can set foot on it.
next time i will have some points to show yall when it dry's up.

Attachments

• Picture 245 (2).jpg
    Picture 245 (2).jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 757
  • Picture 250 (2).jpg
    Picture 250 (2).jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 485
  • Picture 251 (2).jpg
    Picture 251 (2).jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 524
  • Picture 253 (2).jpg
    Picture 253 (2).jpg
    277 KB · Views: 403
  • Picture 248 (2).jpg
    Picture 248 (2).jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 463
  • Picture 243 (2).jpg
    Picture 243 (2).jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 459
  • Picture 252 (2).jpg
    Picture 252 (2).jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 466
  • Picture 254 (2).jpg
    Picture 254 (2).jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 298

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: old country store, graves and caddo indian mound's

Thanks for posting, that store looks like some here in my area of AR & OK.

Fossis...............

S

seger98

Nice pictures ink, thanks for taking the time to post them!

Chris

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Cool Photos......John Long owned the property that the cemetary is on and Nannie Long is believed to be the first person to be buried there....

John Long Enrolled as a private in the Texas Militia Infantry Company on June 15, 1861 at Mount Pleasant in Titus County, Texas. Josh Stephens was the Enrolling Officer. The first Texas State Muster Roll shows his middle initial as L. The name as Jno. H. Long is on the list accompanying the July 27, 1861 Claim for services. He was owed $83.18 at that time. On the second Texas State Muster Roll the middle initial appears to be a “T.” and his age is shown as 20 years. No CSA records found for him.

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy Heart said:
Cool Photos......John Long owned the property that the cemetary is on and Nannie Long is believed to be the first person to be buried there....

John Long Enrolled as a private in the Texas Militia Infantry Company on June 15, 1861 at Mount Pleasant in Titus County, Texas. Josh Stephens was the Enrolling Officer. The first Texas State Muster Roll shows his middle initial as L. The name as Jno. H. Long is on the list accompanying the July 27, 1861 Claim for services. He was owed $83.18 at that time. On the second Texas State Muster Roll the middle initial appears to be a “T.” and his age is shown as 20 years. No CSA records found for him.
thats awsome to know who he was!! thanks a bunch

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

These are some good posts. That is an interesting face in the tree. Wonder what they carved it with?

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

karenray08 said:
These are some good posts. That is an interesting face in the tree. Wonder what they carved it with?

Thanks for sharing.

Ray
A chain saw, some body went up there and chopped it up with an axe it did look better last time i was there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread