A home comeing for one of my older paintings.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
CarolinaDigs said:
Oh Van >your work is so very good !!!! I love to feel movement when I am looking at a painting !!! You can feeling the movement in yours, as well as capturing the spirit of the scene where anyone would wish to be !!! Your son will be delighted :) Keep painting !! as I have told you before you are greatly talented :thumbsup:
Thank you CD,its very much appreciated.I have a very hard time liking things that I paint,and that is a problem Ive struggled with for as long as I can remember.I do a lot of cartoon work and that's one thing I don't beat my self down at,just draw silly things and have fun doing it. VanGone is my pen name for cartoons.The paintings are more serious and I sign them with my real name.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
DigginThePast said:
VanGone - The more of your work you show the more I like, really great. Have you ever been commissioned for a painting or is this for pleasure? I'm sure your son will cherish the print. Please offer my thanks to him for serving our country.
Thank you DTP, I don't usually do anything commissioned,just do things that when I see them I take a photo and go from there. I see a pretty farm that appeals to me and have a print made from the photo. and then I draw grid lines on the photo and them use this to scale the picture to the surface I'm going to paint on. I then add what ever birds I think would look good with that setting.I use photos of birds Ive taken for reference.Thanks for the comments for my Son. Here's the print
all framed up.
Van

Attachments

• IMG_1545 Babe  rew.jpg
    IMG_1545 Babe rew.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 308

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a real God-given talent. Your detail on the tree leaves and field grass is stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
davidtn said:
You have a real God-given talent. Your detail on the tree leaves and field grass is stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Thank you for your kind words David. I really like trying to paint Iowas beauty.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
DigginThePast said:
Came out great! :thumbsup:
Thanks DTP. This is a new framer that Ive never used before. The place that use to frame for me got caught up in the flood we had here in Iowa and hasn't reopened.
Van

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Amazing Talent Ed,

We have always loved those paintings.

I agree with what everyone else said. You are a true master artist.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Ron & April said:
Amazing Talent Ed,

We have always loved those paintings.

I agree with what everyone else said. You are a true master artist.
Thanks Ron and April for your very kind words.Doing a painting and have someone like it is about as good as it gets.Ive got permission to have another one scanned and a print made from it. Still a couple more out there if I can find them that I would like to have scanned,
Have fun at your juried art show,take lots of beautiful pictures, and have a good market for your beautiful art.
Ed

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Van Gone. I think the best paintings in the world are ones I can look at and say, yeah, I been right there before, even if they're of places I'll never go. I like your composition and use of color. You did better on clouds than I ever could in that first one, and you have a lot of things going on in each one. You probably said, but I didn't catch what medium you're using? Keep it up, amigo.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RGINN said:
Excellent Van Gone. I think the best paintings in the world are ones I can look at and say, yeah, I been right there before, even if they're of places I'll never go. I like your composition and use of color. You did better on clouds than I ever could in that first one, and you have a lot of things going on in each one. You probably said, but I didn't catch what medium you're using? Keep it up, amigo.
Thank you RGINN! The medium is Acrylic,and I paint mostly on tempered a masonite surface,
Van

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks VG I think you get that definition from the acrylic and that back glow from the masonite. (Nobody but me knows what I mean) I really liked to do that tempera on matte board because I could get the bright color and deliniation in there. My art teachers hated it. I grew up around a lot of native american artists and liked what I saw, and like Picasso said, good artists imitate, GREAT artists steal. One time the local newspaper had a feature on artists in the county. They showed up at my house and did this interview that I never figured out what they said afterwords. But it was a big old long article talkin about me. They called my style abstract-realism. Maybe I should have pursued art a little more aggresively as a career and took my chances, but life comes up and happens sometimes. Perhaps I could be known as Van Been. Better to be a has-been than a wanna-be. You have a good day and we'll be thinkin about you.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RGINN said:
Thanks VG I think you get that definition from the acrylic and that back glow from the masonite. (Nobody but me knows what I mean) I really liked to do that tempera on matte board because I could get the bright color and deliniation in there. My art teachers hated it. I grew up around a lot of native american artists and liked what I saw, and like Picasso said, good artists imitate, GREAT artists steal. One time the local newspaper had a feature on artists in the county. They showed up at my house and did this interview that I never figured out what they said afterwords. But it was a big old long article talkin about me. They called my style abstract-realism. Maybe I should have pursued art a little more aggresively as a career and took my chances, but life comes up and happens sometimes. Perhaps I could be known as Van Been. Better to be a has-been than a wanna-be. You have a good day and we'll be thinkin about you.
You should post some of your work RGINN. When I was in high school many years ago we used Tempera,and it is a good medium,kind of reminds me of Acrylics.The reason for the name Vangone is a name I use as a cartoonist,its not to refer that I relate to the famous artist with a similar name. The artist Vangogh did some crazy things when he was alive and I always considered my cartoons kind of crazy. I just started using that name on cartoons years ago to be silly and it stuck. I sign paintings with my real name. It doesn't make any difference how good one is at art as long as they enjoy doing it,then it is all worth while. I stopped painting for 30 years and then finally realized that!
Van

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone - I just had to bring this one back up for others to see. I love these paintings. :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
DigginThePast said:
VanGone - I just had to bring this one back up for others to see. I love these paintings. :headbang: :headbang:
Thanks for the kind comments Diggin ThePast,its appreciated.Our Son is back in the States again at Fort Sill.He did appreciate the print of his Dog "Babe".I had forgot about this older post.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: A home coming for one of my older paintings.

crazyjarhead said:
I hope you are a professional artist ??? Those are just beautiful :thumbsup: If your not, you should be
Thanks for the kind words crazyjarhead.I don't consider my self a professional. I do sell prints and originals of things I paint,but thats about it.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Woodland Detectors said:
I am amazed at your work. You are a very accomplished artist.
Thank you Mike for the nice compliments.
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread