OP
DanBo

DanBo

Jan 7, 2009
Red Bluff, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEinWV said:
Great pics! To get the smooth water effect, do you take a time exposure?
Thanks for the comments; and yes, to make the water look "dreamy" you leave the shutter open for a little bit. In this case it was cloudy in the afternoon. My settings were on time priority with an iso of 200. If I remember right the F-stop was at about 1/4 sec. without a tripod. If I was closer or using a tripod I would have decreased the F-stop even more. Give it a shot and post some; I'd like to see 'em.
Thanks again to everyone for the comments.

OP
OP
DanBo

DanBo

Jan 7, 2009
Red Bluff, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mjido said:
Very nice pictures, makes me a little homesick. Spent many and some wonderful times at Burney Falls when I was a lot younger
In that case I wish I had taken more to post for you to look at. :-[
I can tell you that nothing has changed over the last 30 years up there except for the size of the trees, and the amount of squirles and Blue Jays. The park rangers have spooked them away and now fine you if you try to hand feed them.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By gosh, if I could take pictures like that I'd quit wally world and do that for a living. Can you fish there?

OP
OP
DanBo

DanBo

Jan 7, 2009
Red Bluff, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
By gosh, if I could take pictures like that I'd quit wally world and do that for a living. Can you fish there?
Thanks for the great compliments; and yes, you can fish about 100' away from the falls. There is a little area that is cut out just for that. The great part about it is that the creek that feeds the falls is called Hat creek. Hat creek is one of the best trout fishing creeks in California. 7 and 8 pound rainbow are not unheard of. :icon_study:

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Again, when younger, I worked for the Forest Service at Hat Creek Ranger Station, and spent some time working on the Hat Creek Rim Lookout and the lookout on West Prospect. Neat times! I seen some big fish come out of Hat Creek south of the the station where the creek passed through the lava beds, Its was, then, a pistol to walk through the lava beds to the creek but it was well worth it. Big Fish! :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh!Burney falls I spent many a day and night there bear hunting.We used to have a camp on Hat creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread