Cleared for landing

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
karenray08 said:
Van Gone, Wow! these are some beautiful shots. Who would have thought that seagulls could be so pretty? These are a
different breed than what we have around here and much prettier. The fourth one is pretty but I like the second one
the best. It shows the feather placement in the wings so neat. The black and the white contrast so sharp. You did
a good job of capturing them in flight.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray
Thanks for your kind words Ray. I like to catch them when they are in kind of a swirling glide when they fly. Its hard to stay on target with them as they move pretty fast. I try to get on one comeing at me and as he gets closer start shooting and hope I get lucky and get a good shot. Here's one from this morning.
Van

Attachments

• IMG_2381 big wings 22.jpg
    IMG_2381 big wings 22.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 208

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Van - - thanks for the advice, this camera was a big jump for me. I haven't learned what all the
settings are for yet, let alone stuff like shutter speed , lenses, filters & all the rest. I guess I can only
get to know it by using it. Anyhow, I went to Circuit City & showed them an ad from Best Buy &
they not only matched it but threw in some extras. Soon as I get some decent pics, I'll make an
attempt to post them. Thanks again for the help.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
VanGone said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Wow! Nice shots Van! Funny bunch of folks took bird pictures this weekend, I still have to download mine when I get home, see what I got. You are right they sure do move fast. Were you using a tri-pod? I brought mine, but it was quite a hike so I left it in the car and "winged" it. :D
CG, These were shot hand held. I have a tripod,but as you said,its to much work carrying it around.I shot some more today and I was really having problems with them being in focus. My eyes are starting to give me problems in these older years.I just shoot away and hope when I get home I get at least one that I like. I process them using Irfanview,and I like the way it does on them. I crop first, then re size,then sharpen them. I do this in the order I stated as it is very important to do it this way.
Post some I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Van

Thanks Van it works great that way, made my shots much better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread