• tracks 003.JPG
    tracks 003.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 315

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE.... I think. Where's the house.... what state? Bobcat or cougar? Very nice! TTC

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
If the paws are that big, I would hate to see size of the litter box. ;D :D ;D :D. I hope all of your family is being very careful.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sui, a mutt that my girfriend owns, is our protector! I'll dig up a pic of a bobcat about 200 yards from the house. He was crouched down near the driveway but moved before I could get a good frontal shot. Did get him moving away, though. TTC

OP
OP
C

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
It's definitely a cougar. From the depth of the tracks it would have to been upwards of 150 pounds - a large one. It could be the one that neighbors have seen and it is big. The bobcats we see are a fraction of that size & their tracks are way smaller. BTW, there was a fresh set of bobcat tracks there this morning also along with deer tracks. We just had the driveway graded & it's perfect for spotting tracks.

We are in the Sierra's just outside Yosemite - about 9 miles as the crow flys from the Wawona Hotel. Our property borders the Natl. Forest land & the "wilderness" starts about 80' from the house. We get bears too!

And, yes, we are VERY careful!!!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat!
We are at 3000 feet... residing above Murphys..... 48 miles NW of El Portal. When I fly in on U S Airways, from the Phoenix hub, I can see most of the Yosemite Valley on the right side of the plane. TTC

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice track pics and since you live that close to the wilderness you would know kids and pets inside and watch yourself but I bet its beautiful! Got more pics? :icon_sunny: Please!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a recent pic of a bobcat near the house. The ariginal is 10 meg, so this one is modified to fit here. TTC

Attachments

• bob cat.jpg
    bob cat.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 237

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi. there, Cruisin,
That is beautiful country around there. We spent a couple weeks at a condo at Bass Lake a few years ago
just a few minutes drive from Yosemite park.I really loved the country there with all the beautiful scenery
everywhere you look. It was georgous.
Those are big tracks in that pic. Be careful. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

OP
OP
C

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
TerryC, That a great bobcat photo!

"You can start worrying when you see PEOPLE tracks."
LOL, Plehbah, that's exactly what I was looking out for when I spotted the cat tracks! I always like to know what, or who, has been around the house.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cruisin said:
TerryC, That a great bobcat photo!

"You can start worrying when you see PEOPLE tracks."
LOL, Plehbah, that's exactly what I was looking out for when I spotted the cat tracks! I always like to know what, or who, has been around the house.

People on occasion come by but are usually the two neighbors "patrolling" the area, as I do also. N'er do wells don't come up here as this is all private roads and Sui will not let anything, 2 legged or 4, get close to the house. We have a well established link with the neighbors to stop those uninvited till the law arrives! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread