Preening Time

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like George and Hilda (boy and girl gobble gobbles) who have become seasonal residents to my yard, decided to spend the warm Saturday afternoon preening themselves down by my pond and one even used my bench to sit upon! :D

Hilda (who was here last year from April till November) will come to below our dining room window when she sees someone standing there and look up and beg for some food, just like the ducks do here.......

Very interesting Spring on the property, up to 7 deer at a time wiping out my flower beds and about 9 ducks or so competing with the Turkeys and numerous grey squirrels each day to see who can empty my bird feeder first. ;D

Don

Attachments

• Preening1.jpg
    Preening1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Preening2.jpg
    Preening2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Eatingtime.jpg
    Eatingtime.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 184
  • ThrowSomeMore.jpg
    ThrowSomeMore.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 193

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
Cool pictures. We get turkeys at the feeders in our back yard once in a while but not often enough. Very neat to watch.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic pics Don. I too seem to be filling up the feeder 3 times a day. Boy can those blue jays & squirrels
EAT !!!!

Thanks for showing us Don.

Molly.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Grackels and Cowbirds are bad ones too, because they come in such a bunch.

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:
Grackels and Cowbirds are bad ones too, because they come in such a bunch.

Oh yeah, all the blackbirds, Grackles and Starlings with those Cowbirds mixed in come in by the hundreds in migration time and wipe out all seed within an hour or less. My neighbor keeps firing off a start pistol to scare them, but they just fly away to the nearest trees and then swoop down again. Feeding frenzy time for sure.

But now I am a tad worried the Turkey's might interfere with my Grandson's planting of Pumpkin, Cantelope and Sunflowers, although I know the Squirrels will not give the Sunflowers a chance in Hades of making it to seed maturity.

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread