Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just about outdone with those Carolina wrens. After replying to Molly's post http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,234381.0.html and just reading Teddy's post on the "grilled robins" I've been fighting the wrens for several days, they always want to start a nest in my flower pots, they scoop out dirt/wood chips all over. Yesterday, they decided to try out my door wreath, I took it down. I placed whatever I had available at the time and stuck in the pots to discourage them from nesting. In the mean time, I started a slapped together house (thanks to Molly)...I used a coffee can, cut a hole in the lid and hot glued small pieces of drift wood onto it and placed on my flower shelf. Before going inside, I had placed my work gloves in another pot. When I went back out what you see in the 1st pic is what greeted me. I moved the house and added hanging wire and hung it on the side of the flower. Believe me, they started moving in, I just checked it and it's half full already.

Last year it was inside the area of my ATV that I could not reach. Nest with eggs, then later babies went out riding with me. The parents tended to them once I reached home again. ATV putting along with chirping birds. ;D :D

Hey, I think that house is really neat looking, I'm gonna make more. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

wrens.jpg
What a mess!​

wrens2.jpg
Home, sweet home​

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Just Wanted to Shoot Em...

That birdhouse is cool , River Rat! I think wrens will build anywhere!
We had a problem with Eastern King birds one year--those things make the loudest racket at daylight!
Kind regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wren3.jpg
Moving in​

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics again Judie I love the birdhouse (s) ! Did you have any pics of the babies in the ATV?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can be bothersome, built in my sons truck one year, (under the hood), had to be evicted, nice house. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I can put up with the wrens building everywhere,what is killing me is the whipperwills! One is right outside my bedroom window and one outside the back door.At the crack of first light,they start in and they sound like they are in the house,they are so loud.Dixie goes nuts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread