And Franklin wanted the turkey...

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
This handsome fellow sat close by for a short time while I was fossil hunting with my girls. I'm spoiled here in Washington to see eagles fairly often. He was up against a bright, overcast sky. I would have liked to be able to brighten up his back a little more, but would have ended up washing out his head.

The fossil is one of several we were happy to collect. The location we were in primarily had plant fossils. I'll have to do a little more research to find a good spot for some fauna.

Attachments

• Eagle2.jpg
    Eagle2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Fossil.jpg
    Fossil.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 320

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful shot of that majestic bird! And love the fossil pic., too!
kind regards~~sandcreek4

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic's, the fossil is nice. :thumbsup:

Fossis.........

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Great pic, love the fossil! I used to collect tiny fossil in a small stream bed when I was a kid. I had a couple shoe boxes full of them until my mom found them and thought they were "just rocks" and tossed them out after cleaning my room. :-\

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the eagle and the fossil pics! I lost my fossils the samy way! Gee I wish sheda left my room alone, I had some FL sea shells and OK. rose rocks too!

OP
OP
Tabfry

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Glad you like the pics.

Since I'm the one taking my girls out to find the fossils, I doubt I'll toss them out!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy seeing photos of the Bald Eagle and your fossil photo is a good one, it stands out very easily in that rock.

Don

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Nice pic of the eagle.

Were you able to gather that fossil?

Gosh, it must have been hard separating it from the rock... getting it to break far around it???

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
True story: When my daughter turned the ripe old age of six she became inquisitive as children do at this stage and was full of question about the world around her as she became aware of an ever increasingly expanding place we call earth. One afternoon after having a marathon old movie watching day with the Kids, four in all, a boy followed by three girls. The littlest of the bunch began to ask about all that she had seen and heard of not only the movies but also the surrounding conversations. During which she had gleaned that back when Mom and Dad were young the movies were without color, in fact they were just about all in black and white. So this little one asked me Dad, when you were growing up when did God put color in the world ? ;D :D Ahh to see things through a six year old's eyes ! :wink:

I think our national symbol is grand indeed and deserves our praise and a place of High honor.
That said, I just think Mr Franklin was like my child seeing things through rose colored glasses. He preferred color and taste ! :wink:

Attachments

• 560408-Cold-Turkey-0.jpg
    560408-Cold-Turkey-0.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 93474451-male-turkey-bird-trying-impress-female-vietnam.jpg
    93474451-male-turkey-bird-trying-impress-female-vietnam.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 182

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good post md,what a turkey also, jamey

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right thru the eyes of a child ahhhhhhhhhhhh! To be so Innocent! But if it had been the other way around roast eagle......Turkey would have been protected......

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 127

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope ya don't mind, I lost color of sky but, got the eagle's back detail for ya.......NGE

Attachments

• Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
Tabfry

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
nowgittineverything said:
Hope ya don't mind, I lost color of sky but, got the eagle's back detail for ya.......NGE

Nope. Don't mind at all! Good job.

Bin2HelnBach

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2009
Love the Eagle & that plant fossil is very nice and detailed. Looks like you had a
successful hunt. Your girls must have loved being out with you then finding it!

Hel :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tabfry

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bin2HelnBach said:
Love the Eagle & that plant fossil is very nice and detailed. Looks like you had a
successful hunt. Your girls must have loved being out with you then finding it!

Hel

We had a great time. It was our first fossil hunt. We came home with many, good fossils. Next up...gems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread