"Idig and Captain Phil-"The DeadliestCatch"

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
"Idig and Captain Phil-"The DeadliestCatch"

Last night, I went to see "Captian Phil" and his son "Jake".They where here to promo his new film and his new coffee that is now out.He was at "Rays market" and there was about 200 people inline to get photos etc.I just wanted to get a photo real quick,so I walked around the line up to the desk where he and Jake where sitting. I was wearing my "Vietnam Veterans hat and for some reason, Phil looked over my way and smiled and gave me a thumbs up.Rather than getting in line(200 people back) I told the guy in charge of the line that I had a gift from the VFW to give him.He said OK your next.I gave Captain Phil a "Vietnam Memorial Sivler Coin" and told him it was from all of us Vets and use it as a "GoodLuck" coin on this fishing boat, "The Corniela Marie". Both Phil and Jake thanked me and said he'd take the coin on his next trip.After that there was a 2 hour movie at the local threater and I was lucky enough to get the seat right behind Phil and Jake. I must say that both are just "Normal Guys" and they talked freely to me during the whole movie.This was cool .About 1/2 way through the show there was a break and I said I was going out for a smoke and Phil said good I'll go out and have one too.As most people know, Phil didn't fish this season due to a health problem, but is OK now and will be back this next season.Anyhow, I enjoyed that and wanted to pass this on to the T-Net Gang. Idig

Attachments

• Captain Phil-Jake.JPG
    Captain Phil-Jake.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Cpt Phil.JPG
    Cpt Phil.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 284
  • capt Phil.JPG
    capt Phil.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 305

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Idig and Captain Phil-"The DeadliestCatch"

thats cool,i watched that show so many times jamey

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those guys are a 'special Breed' to do what they do.

Fossis...............

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Capn. Phil! He rocks. I just love to watch that show deadliest catch. and the new mothers day commercial is CLASSIC! Happy F$$$$$$ mothers day he sais. But maaan Phil, you need to start workin out friend! The cofee and cigs are killin ya.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I like the show too. That takes a brave, strong-hearted soul to do what they do :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I think it's a little "crazy" mixed up in there too! But most of those guys don't know any thing else. born into it.

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

I LOVE that show, I've been watching it since the first season. These guy's are awesome. It take an amazing person to do what they do, season after season and still be "somewhat sain" lol I'd love a chance to meet them, Edgar, Phil and Sig are my favs, though I love them all. Thank goodness for DVR, ...set the timer to record when i'm not home so I don't miss the show :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread