THEY GROW EM BIG IN GEORGIA

jlove429

Dec 14, 2007
Ellabell Ga
THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN GEORGIA

THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN GEORGIA

97 lb rattlesnake found in just north of Savannah

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs. - Biggest rattler found since Ross Allen captured one in 1969
that measured 9 feet, 1 inch but only weighed 78 lbs.

This old guy was found inside a open water tank near an abandoned chicken house.

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 4,512

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN GEORGIA

Looks like the biggest dead snake to me. I guess the chicken farmer finally found out where his chickens have been disappearing to.......LOL NGE

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think someone posted that photo before, except it said that they found it out in California or something (I believe?)...
And I believe someone found something about it on Snopes. I can't look it up right now because I'm in the middle of several things already. Still a terrifying pic, 'cause I HATE snakes...

Bran <><

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

we get some biggins round here in north florida / ga border area -- 7 footers are not uncommon at all --- big old eastern timber and eastern diamond backs -- run across em a lot while bow hunting in sept here in florida

while that might be a nice big ole rattler -- 97 lbs on the wieght --nah --that flimzy pole couldn't support that kinda weight --look at it .

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->

sorry man but that's an internet photoshop hoax, it's been around for nearly a decade. I've seen the same pic attributed to Tx, Fla, and Ak. different story same pic.

Buck Bagaw

Mar 27, 2009

This snake story is a lot like my wife's biscuits. Really hard to swallow.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They ain't no way, bud. The very biggest rattler I heard of that was confirmed was about 30 pounds, and I thought that was a stretch. We did have stories about rattlers 10 or 12 feet long that would come up out of the weeds and chase you, but I never saw them. The same pic is on Molly's post about snakes. That old boy from south Africa came up with it. Cool pic and a big old snake anyway.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I agree it is a nice big snake.

But nowhere near the size and dimensions as described.
The handle on that snake stick is about 4 feet long,
using the principle a lot of fishermen use...
The closer to the camera the fish is the bigger he looks in reference to you as you hold it.
I really wonder how big it actually is.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snoops says it is real and found in Tx. but just not 97 lbs. :read2: I don't want any around me any size I'm nor scared but, I will let thme have their ground I'll go elsewhere!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Even if it was 97 pounds it still would'nt be a record.....My ex wife was 147 and a snake in da grass!

Slipperyjack47

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
we get some biggins round here in north florida / ga border area -- 7 footers are not uncommon at all --- big old eastern timber and eastern diamond backs -- run across em a lot while bow hunting in sept here in florida

while that might be a nice big ole rattler -- 97 lbs on the wieght --nah --that flimzy pole couldn't support that kinda weight --look at it .
Try holding out 97 lbs from the hip also. Not. I once helped get an anaconda back into a cage in a traveling snake exhibit.They were closed and the guy let me in to help. I was stupid and picked up the snake about 8 feet from its head.I got on my knees and got him on my shoulder and stood up. The snake raised his head off the floor and the weight drove me to the floor. I am no weakling mind you but they are pure muscle. We finally got him in but I learned a lot that day..LOL
That is one big snake shame to kill it though. I have seen big rattlers that have lost their fangs maybe it was old age,,maybe not.
TnMountains

scott20

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2008
texas

I remember seeing this 4 or 5 years ago and it said that it was from Fritch,Tx, which is around where I'm from :icon_scratch:

Rptyd

Sep 11, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Antique Gold Mountain, lol..

It was a crime to kill something the magnificent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread