Look what I woke up and found yesterday morning....

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
As some of you may know we have been getting pelted with rain for the past couple of weeks here in Tennessee. I got up about 6:30 am and went out on the patio to have my morning coffee and cigarrette. I must have still been half asleep because I smoked my entire cigarrette and finished about half my coffee just listening to the peaceful sounding rain on the tin roof of my carport, when all of the sudden it hit me HEY there is a river running through my backyard. Panicked I ran looking for my miniature horses just knowing they had drowned. Luckly the gate was open from the rear pasture and the horses had headed to higher ground. I then thought about my one of my trucks and several trailers and a forklift that were in the back yard. The water was up to the windows in the truck and I couldn't see my big diesel air compressor... You know the type you pull behind your truck to run a jackhammer. Well the truck somehow started and I managed to get my trailers out to high ground but the Compressor wasn't so lucky it was completely submerged for several hours. The white plastic looking blocks in the pictures are vinyl fencing that I sell to make my living. As you can see alot of it went down the river. I will not know how much I lost until it dries up enough I can do an inventory. If you look closely you can see the tops of my fences disapear in the water. I have measured the tops of these post and they were 54" so that means about 5' of water swept through our back yard from the normally tame little creek that crosses my property.
The good thing was no one or none of my animals were hurt and my losses were small compared to what they could have been.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 347

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck, I hope it gets fixed with no real damage. Plus, thats a new back yard to detect now with the water to change the ground!

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o good lord! and i thought the water was high down this way. CZ-21 time ;D

na really, hope all goes well for ya. not to far off so if ya need help with clean up send me a PM.
been off line for a few due to my computer going T@*&! up on me...need help let me know

tom

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
john37115 said:
I smoked my entire cigarrette and finished about half my coffee just listening to the peaceful sounding rain on the tin roof of my carport, when all of the sudden it hit me

Sounds like my level of early AM awareness ??? Huh ?

Diggem'

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I sure hope your come though this OK! Water can be bad if you have too much!

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Thanks 3-ringer. I think we will get sorted pretty easily. My biggest problem is getting the fluids changed in my truck and air compressor. The engines are full of water. Most of the loose fencing materials I lost
maybe my insurance will pickup and pay for.

Diggemall tell me about it. That's an eyeopener in the morning for sure.

Thanks Woody50, I had no idea the water from this tiny little creek could ever be this bad.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG :o John!! Glad the horses were able to get to high ground. The plastic fencing, you probably be able to retrieve once the water goes down, maybe they're caught in trees along the bank in the next bend of the river...that's where I find a lot of stuff when we have high water. Good luck with the truck and compressor, glad you didn't have any major damage or loss.

:wink: RR

T

trish76642

The first picture is when it started here, the second one is when the lake level started rising. We had over 11 inches of rain here in Central Texas! I think you got what we had....They were evacuating people in some of the areas around here..it was crazy!

Attachments

• Day1RAIN.JPG
    Day1RAIN.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 212
  • LotsOfRain.JPG
    LotsOfRain.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 205

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread