Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
38 lb. channel cat!!!?? That's pretty good. We caught blue cats and flatheads in that range and bigger. At Wallyworld we sell plastic worms. Put one on a hook and work it back as fast as you can on top of the water. Largemouths will tear this up, particularly during spawning season. Speaking of 4th of July, I intend to be back in Oklahoma and yeah, we will have a fish fry. And lots of politically incorrect fireworks. There might be beer present too. Y'all keep catchin em, Sandcreek!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
38 lb. channel cat!!!?? That's pretty good. We caught blue cats and flatheads in that range and bigger. At Wallyworld we sell plastic worms. Put one on a hook and work it back as fast as you can on top of the water. Largemouths will tear this up, particularly during spawning season. Speaking of 4th of July, I intend to be back in Oklahoma and yeah, we will have a fish fry. And lots of politically incorrect fireworks. There might be beer present too. Y'all keep catchin em, Sandcreek!
There'll probably be a little beer(Nasty Light--Natural Light) present at our fish fry, too RGINN ;D. Some things are just a given, huh?
We're going fishing this weekend if the rain holds off!
Thanks for the comments~~~regards~~sandcreek

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
say it aint so! Fireworks politaclly incorrect? Absolutly not! Another one of my favorite things....

ng

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife once said; Why do guys always spend money on stuff, just to destroy it, or plain old blow it up! I replied; Why do you buy hair coloring, or make-up? I got out of the hospital 2 weeks later, after that comment.

T

trish76642

Do they make black worms with red stripes like that snake up there?

If they do i need to buy some before the tournament....

Wonder could i make some out of an old bicycle inner tube, and paint some red stripes on it, lol....Im gonna try it.

I know...yall think im crazy, work with what cha got is my motto.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tournament fished for many years and the whole goal was to keep those fish alive all day in the live well while driving 90 mph from site to site . After one weigh in we decided we wanted all the fish(bass) for a cook out. You should have seen those guys going nuts running and releasing all their bass back into the lake after having kept them alive all day. They were horrified,,LOL
They are very tasty at the size you have them. Old timer I fished with would always cut out the cheeks as well. They make a tasty morsel fried up in the pan.
Fun post.
Regards,
TnMountains

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
I tournament fished for many years and the whole goal was to keep those fish alive all day in the live well while driving 90 mph from site to site . After one weigh in we decided we wanted all the fish(bass) for a cook out. You should have seen those guys going nuts running and releasing all their bass back into the lake after having kept them alive all day. They were horrified,,LOL
They are very tasty at the size you have them. Old timer I fished with would always cut out the cheeks as well. They make a tasty morsel fried up in the pan.
Fun post.
Regards,
TnMountains
My brother always keeps the eggs and fries them up--that's sure enough red-neck caviar :tongue3:! We'll have to see if we can get enough meat off the cheeks to try, TnMountains! I think a meal of fresh fish and tators is my favorite! Thanks for the comments!
regards~~sandcreek

T

trish76642

sandcreek4 said:
TnMountains said:
Fun post.
Regards,
TnMountains
My brother always keeps the eggs and fries them up--that's sure enough red-neck caviar :tongue3:! We'll have to see if we can get enough meat off the cheeks to try, TnMountains! I think a meal of fresh fish and tators is my favorite! Thanks for the comments!
regards~~sandcreek

Yeah TnMountains, i can see all of em going nuts when you talked about frying "Bass" My hubby used to be the same way, "Nooo, its a game fish!" You know what i told him? "I dont think God was thinking about fishing tournaments when he created a fish for us to eat!"

Aint nothin like some good ole fried fish, pork & beans and greasy fried potatoes...oh and i like buttered bread with it too.... :occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~trish~ said:
sandcreek4 said:
TnMountains said:
Fun post.
Regards,
TnMountains
regards~~sandcreek

Yeah TnMountains, i can see all of em going nuts when you talked about frying "Bass" My hubby used to be the same way, "Nooo, its a game fish!" You know what i told him? "I dont think God was thinking about fishing tournaments when he created a fish for us to eat!"

Aint nothin like some good ole fried fish, pork & beans and greasy fried potatoes...oh and i like buttered bread with it too.... :occasion14:

I am with you on that just not everyday.I have to be able to climb those mtns,,lol but will go for some extra corn bread with no sugar please :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions